1. East Valley Institute of Technology reached out to the Arizona Rock Products Association for help resolving challenges with the access road between the main campus and the newly refurbished culinary building before the start of the next school year. ARPA member Vulcan Materials Company volunteered, donating asphalt and trucking services to have the dirt path paved and turned into a safer access road.
Awards & Accolades
2. Sundt Construction, Inc. ranks No. 68 on the National Center for Employee Ownership’s Top 100 largest majority employee-owned company list. In 1972, Sundt established an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Today, the company is 100 percent employee-owned.
3. Best Lawyers in America 2019 recognized four attorneys from Withey Morris PLC: Michael B. Withey, Jason B. Morris, Adam Baugh and William F. Allison.
4. JMJ Development and its Packard North deal took home first-place honors in the NAIOP Arizona Developing Leaders Young Professional Group Mentor Program 2017-2018 Class. The winning project called for 300KSF of Class A office with future phases for multifamily and retail. Team members were Mollie Zemer, Barclay Group; Josh Tracy, Ryan Companies US; and James McDonald of Cresa. Their mentor was Keith Earnest of VanTrust Real Estate.
Boards & Commissions
5. The Arizona Builders Alliance hired Tim Bee as director for Southern Arizona, succeeding Tom Dunn, who accepted the position as ABA’s president in June.
6. Rob Millar will serve as Acting Economic Development Director for City of Scottsdale Economic Development. He is a Certified Economic Developer and serves on the Board of Directors for the Arizona Association of Economic Development.
7. Michael S. Guymon joined the staff of the Tucson Metro Chamber as VP. His duties will include managing local public policy and workforce development/attraction programs and initiatives.
8. Chicago-based parking lot management service provider Rose Paving has moved into the Phoenix market after acquiring two local companies, Phoenix-based KFM Asphalt Technologies and KFM Striping & Curb Company Inc., to establish a southwest U.S. hub in Arizona.
9. True Metal Solutions, LLC is celebrating five years of providing exterior building cladding and thermal/moisture protection services to its clients in the Southwest. Founded by owners and managing partners Mark Dillard and Eric Stiller, TMS specializes in a diverse array of exterior building cladding skin systems.
10. Larsen Baker, LLC recently announced three promotions. Melissa Lal has been named president of Larsen Baker and co-managing partner and co-owner of the company. Andy Seleznov has been named executive VP and partner and co-owner. Jennifer Raimondi has been appointed VP/treasurer and partner and co-owner of the company.
11. CBRE announced Paul Komadina has been appointed Senior Managing Director and Market Leader for the firm’s Phoenix and Tucson offices to oversee the firm’s Arizona operations. He assumes the position following five years as Managing Director for CBRE’s San Diego region.
12. MEB Management Services promoted Luz Bruscini to senior VP of operations in Tucson.
13. hardison/downey recently announced the promotion of Heather Marin to Project Director.
14. Michael Finch has been named executive VP & principal at SVN | SFRhub Advisors.
15. hardison/downey has hired Justin Newman as current VP/COO, who will transition into the role of president for the company.
16. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced three new hires. Kevin Wuerfele and Travis LaFaye joined as project superintendents, and Kimberly de la Vega signed on as assistant project manager.
17. Business Real Estate Weekly of Arizona, publisher of BREW announced and welcomed Ilana Lowery as Executive Editor in charge of all digital and print content for the 24-year-old industry tip sheet.
18. CBRE announced Ann McCartney has joined the Phoenix office as VP and member of the Rocco Mandala’s team with CBRE Capital Markets, Debt & Structured Finance.
19. The Coconino County Board of Supervisors approved the hiring of Christopher Tressler as Coconino County Engineer. He will provide oversight for all engineering-related activities and supervise engineering design, transportation and traffic planning.
20. Plaza Companies has hired industry veteran Peggy R. Maxwell as its new Senior Property Management Strategist.
21. Tracy A. Bogardus has come on board at the Civil Land Development firm of Presidio Engineering, Inc. as a senior civil engineer.
22. SVN Desert Commercial has hired two new Associate Advisors from internships: Dylan Sproul and Jurgen Mumm, and two from recruiting efforts: Richard Lewis Jr. and Kevin Weller.