1. The Arizona Builders Alliance’s 7th annual Backpack Supply Drive recently served a total of 500 underprivileged youth with help from more than 90 ABA member companies. The program provided foster children at RISE Services, Inc., and students of Children First Leadership Academy with backpacks and school supplies for a successful school year. Donated items were collected from July to August and are valued at more than $25K.
Awards & Accolades
2. Valley Metro received three prestigious awards over the summer. Esri, the worldwide leader in geographic information system software, named Valley Metro a 2017 Special Achievement in GIS for the Valley Metro Ridership Data Portal. The Northwest light rail extension is the recipient of the 2017 Public Works Project of the Year in transportation by the American Public Works Association, Arizona Chapter. Valley Metro also received the South West Transit Association Spotlight award for its Change Your Game Plan campaign showcasing the benefits of using alternative transportation.
3. Caliber – The Wealth Development Co has launched a new $100M investment fund focused on ‘middle market’ U.S. commercial real estate.
4. Bryant Commercial Real Estate, a woman/minority-owned company, has expanded its services, added staff, and moved into new headquarters at 5555 E. Van Buren St., in Phoenix.
5. Dallas-based Jacobs Engineering Group plans to buy the Englewood, CO-based CH2M Hill Cos. The deal is expected to close by the end of this year.
6. History was made at The Weitz Company last week when Kimberly Davids was named the organization’s first female General Manager. She will oversee Weitz’s operations in the southwest region from its office in Phoenix. Davids succeeds The Weitz Company Executive Vice President Chris Harrison, who is transitioning to a full-time leadership role over Weitz’s National business unit specializing in senior living and student housing projects.
7. Employers Council, a Denver-based nonprofit organization that provides employers with resources focused on employment law and human resources, has appointed Jennifer Ward as the new market president in Arizona.
8. Corbins Electric has promoted Juan Avalos as its newest Project Manager. Juan joined the team as a journeyman electrician in the field, but quickly grew into positions in the prefabrication and virtual design construction departments.
9. Sundt Construction welcomed Minsang Lim as a Senior Estimator and Vijetha Shetty as an Estimator.
10. W&W Structural, Inc., a woman-owned structural steel subcontractor, has added Bobby Esmilla as a Senior Estimator to its growing team in its Tempe office.
11. Evergreen Devco, Inc. has welcomed Michael De Nitto as Director of Acquisitions to oversee land acquisitions in Arizona.
12. Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors (CBC Advisors) announced that Jason Fessinger and Kalen Rickard have joined its Phoenix office. Fessinger, Partner and Executive Managing Director of Retail, and Rickard, Senior VP, will bring more than 50 listings and over 2MSF to the firm.
13. Dan Casey has joined Daum Commercial Phoenix as an Industrial Associate.
14. Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. has announced that Craig Bolze has joined the firm as a Project Manager for the Public Works department.
15. General Contractor Johnson Carlier announced two new additions to their team. Paul Schoeffler joined as a Senior Estimator and Tim Lewis as a Senior Project Manager, furthering the company’s commitment to client services and project delivery.