- Teams of Arizona construction, engineering and architecture firms built huge displays out of canned food as part of Canstruction: an annual food drive-turned-design competition. All 58K cans of food will be given to St. Mary’s Food Bank. The 11th Annual Awards Gala for the competition will take place on August 9th at Majerle’s Sports Bar in Phoenix.
Awards & Accolades
2. Phoenix Business Journal has published its list of Top CRE Management Firms. CBRE took 1st with 45.33MSF under management. Second was Cushman & Wakefield at 25.71MSF, and JLL was third, with 24.31MSF.
3. Maricopa County Department of Transportation, Intelligent Transportation Systems Branch Manager, Faisal Saleem, was recently awarded the Council Individual Award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers. The award was presented at the Transportation Systems Management & Operations Council Meeting.
4. hardison/downey construction, inc. was honored to accept the award of “General Contractor of the Year” from the design community at the 2017 IIDA PRIDE Awards.
Boards & Commissions
5. Michael Scheurich of Dickinson Wright PLLC has been named Executive Council at the State Bar of Arizona Real Property Section.
6. GCON Inc.’s Jennifer Rogers, has been named to the Board of Directors at Scottsdale Unified School District Foundation.
7. JLL announced it has expanded its national property tax practice, adding Domingos Santos, Jr. as an SVP in the JLL Phoenix office. Santos joins three other new U.S. team members who, along with Santos, Jr., will report to David Dodd, EVP for JLL’s Valuations and Advisory Services.
8. A Northern California project pipeline of more than $100M has spurred Graycor Construction Company to open a San Jose satellite office. The new office expands Graycor’s Western U.S. presence, which is anchored by a Southwest Regional Headquarters in Phoenix.
9. Concord General Contracting, Inc. has announced the hiring of Cindra Ray Salisbury as Project Manager.
10. CBRE Group, Inc. announced it has hired Suzanne Droubie as VP of Property Tax Services.
11. The Phoenix office of Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. recently welcomed Jim Martin as the Public Sector Industry Consulting Group lead.
12. David Verwer has been hired as Director of Real Estate Operations at Mode Commercial Property Management.
13. Jimmy Hoselton has signed on as an Associate Broker on the Garlick, Krewson & McQuaid office broker team at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank in Phoenix.
14. Michael Clark has been hired as Project Superintendent at hardison/downey construction, inc.
15. Cave Creek Town Clerk Carrie Dyrek was unanimously selected as the new Town Manager during the July 31 special council meeting.