1. Recently ASU’s School of Sustainable Engineering brought together team members from Kitchell and other design and construction professionals and academic experts to share building and engineering skills with a group of middle school students from Gila River Indian Community. The event was part of the Gila River community’s STEAAAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Agriculture, Architecture and Math) program.
2. Adolfson & Peterson Construction has announced the inaugural launch of “Back 2 School Bounty,” a fundraising program specifically designed to provide much needed supplies and resource assistance for Arizona teachers. The goal is to provide 25 not-for-profit schools with a “bounty box” filled with school supplies for teachers to collect from, as needed, throughout the school year.
Boards & Commissions
3. Lorraine Zomok has been appointed the Maricopa County Council Representative to the Arizona Tourism Advisory Council.
4. Amy Malloy has been named Chair of the Urban Land Institute AZ Technical Assistance Panel Committee.
5. Gilbert Mayor Jenn Daniels will become Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority.
6. NAI Horizon’s “Queen of Self-Storage” Denise Nunez currently has 10 development deals in the works across Arizona with an estimated value of $260M.
7. Sunbelt Investment Holdings, Inc. is making a name for itself as one of the top commercial landowners in the East Valley through its continued investment in Mesa. SIHI has acquired seven large properties in Mesa over the last decade, totaling more than 1,000 acres, and is currently pursuing additional sites for commercial and industrial development.
8. Commercial Properties Incorporated completed 293 Industrial transactions for a total of 1.123MSF at the end of second quarter 2017. The top CPI Industrial transactions for the quarter were the 36KSF sale of 1117-1131 W Fairmont Dr., for $2.925M in Tempe, and the 38KSF sale of 1410 N 27th Ln., for $2.5M in Phoenix, AZ.
9. Black Gold Asphalt & Concrete in Littleton, Colorado has become Sunland Asphalt & Construction, Inc. Sunland acquired Black Gold in January 2017. The company has six office locations in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and, now, Colorado.
10. Sunland Asphalt & Construction, Inc. has promoted Craig Weems the President and Chief Operating Officer. Weems will be responsible for the company operations for Sunland’s eight divisions in six locations.
11. Donna Miller was promoted to serve as the City of Surprise’s Community and Recreation Services Director. She joined the CRS team in 2002 as a recreation coordinator and rose to the rank of assistant director in 2011.
12. Fidelity National Title Agency has announced the promotion of Assistant Vice President Jodi Ayala to the position of Escrow Branch Manager of the newly formed Biltmore Lakes branch office.
13. The City of Sierra Vista has announced the selection of Tony Boone to serve in its economic development manager position.
14. Lou Mantrom has been hired as Craft Recruiter at Sundt Construction, Inc.