1. As the COVID-19 pandemic takes its toll on business and industry in Arizona, in the spirit of being stronger together, the state’s two CCIM chapters have united in support of the commercial real estate industry. Collaboration includes:
- Regional activities and economic updates
- Meaningful e-connection in support of chapter members and sponsors
- Hosting webinars with relevant and timely content
- Sponsored “Zoom Bingo” complete with prizes and a planned upcoming virtual event, “Deals and Drinks”.
- Sponsored educational opportunities
Boards & Commissions
2. The Sundt Companies, parent company of general contractor Sundt Construction, has added Tom Sorley to its Board of Directors. Sorley retired as chief executive officer from Rosendin Electric in December 2019 and currently serves as the company’s executive chairman.
3. Sun Corridor Inc. announced the following new leadership positions for the Fiscal Year 20-21 beginning July 1st:
- Chair of the Board: Judy Rich, President & CEO, TMC HealthCare
- Immediate Past Chair: David G. Hutchens, CEO, UNS Energy, COO, Fortis Inc.
- Secretary/Treasurer: David Smallhouse, Managing Director, Miramar Ventures
- President & CEO: Joe Snell
4. CPR Construction Cleaning has grown its Arizona office to more than 40 employees, has expanded its footprint to Utah and has plans to expand to California and Nevada.
5. The Renaissance Companies named Kelly Pettigrew President of the company. Pettigrew will continue to focus on company operations working closely with his executive team, and with founder, Craig Porter on long term growth and direction for the company.
6. Engineering consulting firm Terracon has announced the promotion of Senior Scientist Jennifer Thies to Environmental Department Manager. As Environmental Department Manager, Thies is responsible for overseeing the Environmental Services Groups.
7. SmithGroup has hired Samantha Spadaro, as Director of Business Development in the firm’s Phoenix office. In her new position, Spadaro will work to enhance the firm’s presence in the Rocky Mountain region focusing on the healthcare and science and technology sectors.
8. Melissa Bennett has been named Director of Business Development for Adolfson & Peterson’s Southwest region. In this role, Bennett will expand AP’s footprint by overseeing the acquisition of work and client retention in the region.
9. Wilson & Company, Inc. Engineers & Architects has hired Ed Latimer, Ph.D., PE, to serve as the Operations Manager of the Arizona Municipal Services Division (MSD) team and build public and private client relationships throughout Arizona. As the leader of a team who provides community-building services, Ed is responsible for the water (water/wastewater/stormwater), public works, and architecture services and operations.
10. Jade Nunes has recently joined Ardebili Engineering LLC as their Business Development Manager. Prior to joining the team, Nunes worked at FITCH and RSP Architects.
11. Mike Bontrager recently joined Alston Construction as Vice President/General Manager, where he will be responsible for overseeing the procurement, preconstruction and construction of all projects out of the newly formed Alston Phoenix business unit.
12. Concord General Contracting recently welcomed three new employees to their team. Zach Mauer joined the firm as a BIM/Virtual Construction Specialist to lead the 3D/BIM and drone footage initiatives. Kimber Purdum joined as a project engineer and is responsible for document administration and coordinating with BIM/3D team, and Delaney West has joined as a graphic designer and is responsible for managing Concord’s brand.
13. RJ Russo recently welcomed three new employees to their team. Amanda Scott joins the team as Project Manager in the modular division. Bobby Esmilla joins as a Senior Construction Estimator focusing on structural estimation, fabrication and manufacturing metal projects, and Chris (Alexandru) Miscuta joins as an Administrative Assistant.