1. Arizona Builders Alliance and Cancer Support Community Arizona worked with Herberger Theater Center July 15 to offer an evening with Mary Poppins for foster children and families affected by cancer.
Awards & Accolades
2. The Ranking Arizona list of Top 10 Shopping Centers has been announced. Scottsdale Fashion Square topped the list.
3. AZRE has released its list of The Most Influential Women in Commercial Real Estate for 2018. Winners will be honored at a reception at The Camby on Aug. 23.
Boards & Commissions
4. The American Subcontractors Association of Arizona, Inc. has announced its 2018-2019 Board of Directors. Officers are: CEO Carol Floco, Immediate Past President Scott Petre, President John Krhin, VP Michael Brewer, Legal Counsel Karen Palecek, and Treasurer Christine Ulibarri. Directors are: Rick Franke, Mark Turtmann, Charles Haskins Jr., Mike Johnson, Jill King, Shawn Manske, Ty Neussle, Ryan Passey, Mike Pirante, Alexandria Reilly and Bob Stewart.
5. Joseph Brophy, partner at Jennings Haug Cunningham LLP, was elected to Executive Council of the State Bar of Arizona’s Construction Section.
6. CVL Consultants has announced it is celebrating its 60th Anniversary and would like to thank its clients and employees for six decades of continues success. The company’s anniversary video is available here.
7. Tucson-based Miravest Inc. has a 10-acre site under contract to purchase for mixed-use development at the NWC of Oracle and Linda Vista roads in Oro Valley. The company is currently seeking user interest for retail frontage pad sales and build-to-suits. A senior living and storage is also high on the list with up to 80KSF potential.
8. California-based Landsea Homes is setting up an Arizona division. The homebuilder is in the process of investing $20M to develop its first project on 11.52 acres in Chandler. Pete Beucke, who joined Landsea in August 2017, has been tapped as the Arizona division president.
9. Maracay, a wholly owned company of the TRI Pointe Group, announced the unveiling of its new logo and branding, inspired by the Arizona landscape where Maracay planted its roots more than 25 years ago.
10. MEB Management Services, has promoted two managers to senior VP of operations, promoted a manager to assistant asset director and opened an office in Salt Lake City. Luz Bruscini and Dalia Bureker were promoted to senior VPs of operations in Tucson and Phoenix, respectively. Denise Trentacosta was promoted to assistant asset director in Tucson. In addition, MEB is establishing a presence in Salt Lake City, naming Mike Kienast a VP in the Utah office.
11. Executive VP Ryan Konst relocated to Schaefer‘s Phoenix office after 20 years with the structural engineering firm in O
hio. He was instrumental to the Phoenix’s offices opening two years ago and has transferred locations to continue to lead the office and strengthen its commitment to the local community firsthand.
12. Jeff Cline has been named Managing Director | Principal at SVN | SFRhub Advisors CRE brokerage in Phoenix.
13. After a nationwide search it was announced July 13 that Jeremy Knapp has been hired to fill the Town of Paradise Valley’s Community Development Director position to oversee the town’s planning, permitting, and code enforcement functions.
14. Jeff Barker has been hired as Corbins Electric’s newest project manager
15. FCI Constructors, Inc. recently hired Judd Dyer as Pre-construction Manager in their estimating department. Also joining FCI is Jonathan Eades, Project Engineer, Tadd Schurwanz, Estimating Intern, and Anthony Divito, Operations Intern.
16. The Arizona Builders Alliance announced Tim Bee has been hired to be the next Director for Southern Arizona, succeeding Tom Dunn, who accepted the position as ABA’s new President in June.
17. Adolfson & Peterson Construction, announced Christian Green has been named Director of Business Development for the Southwest Region. In his new role, Green will be responsible for developing new strategic partnerships and identifying business opportunities that best align with AP’s brand strategy and company growth goals.
18. Henderson Engineers recently announced multiple new hires. Brad Black recently joined as a Senior Technology Specialist. Matthew Mylan signed on as a Fire Protection Designer. Ulric Velimirovic joined as a Technology Specialist. Bryan Chvarak was hired by Henderson Building Solutions – a wholly-owned subsidiary of Henderson Engineers – as a Construction Manager and Commissioning Agent.
19. Kitchell Contractors has added Project Directors Todd McMillen and Brian Brown to its team of building professionals.
20. J. Monty Petersen has recently been hired as Regional Project Director at Sunrise Management.