AZBEX is excited to announce a promotion and three new recent additions to our team.
Lya Parrish has been promoted from Market Researcher to Market Analyst. In her new role she will be creating a new service line, where she will be analyzing data for reports on the Arizona A/E/C industry using our AZBEX Database as a key tool.
Marissa Dobaldo has joined the team as our new Sales Associate. She comes from a background in marketing, event coordination and business development. As Sales Associate, Marissa will continue to build relationships and business development, set ambitious goals, identify opportunities, collaborate with the company’s special teams and drive revenue and opportunities.
Tammy Stevens has brought her 25 years of A/E/C industry experience to AZBEX as our newest Market Researcher. Prior to AZBEX she coordinated, researched and reported on the industry in a variety of roles.
Last but not least, we’re happy to announce Tammie Touchine is temporarily filling in as (Interim) AZBEX Administrator, covering the bases for Kristen Lullo while Kristen is on maternity leave. Tammie comes from an extensive background in hospitality, administration, and working in events for non-profit organizations.
1. The Arizona Western College Agricultural Land Lab and the Ernest Lopez Welding Institute received a Miller Engine Drive Welder, Honda Generator and Ingersoll Rand Air compressor donated by Southwest Gas Corporation.
Awards & Accolades
2. Scott Ellsworth, SVP at SRS, has been named International Relations Officer for Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club.
3. NAIOP Arizona Developing Leaders Young Professional Group Mentor Program hosted graduation for the 2016-2017 class at Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa. Four teams of 15 protégés, grouped into four teams, pitched development proposals on Phoenix Trotting Park, the long-abandoned horse racing track along I-10 and the Loop 303 in Goodyear. “State 48” took home first-place honors. Team members were Sean Sheppard of Seefried Properties, Serena Wedlich of CBRE, and Joe Charles of JLL.
4. SWCA, Inc., an employee-owned environmental consulting firm, has leased 21KSF of office space at 20 E. Thomas Rd. to relocate and expand its headquarters
5. Solera Health Inc. has raised $18.3M in a second round of funding, bringing its total raise to $30.3M since its inception in October 2015. The company in the process of moving to larger space on the third floor of 111 W. Monroe in downtown Phoenix.
6. Morgan Danhoff has been promoted to Senior Associate at Velocity Retail Group LLC.
7. AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. has welcomed Janet Sharkey as Senior Marketing Coordinator.
8. TankGirl Marketing has announced Shiloh Grottenthaler has joined the TankGirl squadron in Phoenix, Arizona as their newest Graphic Designer.
9. Carolyn Slater has joined the Cushman & Wakefield Phoenix office as a Brokerage Coordinator.
10. Taylor Norman has signed on with Schaefer‘s Phoenix office as its third structural engineer in the Phoenix office.
11. Kovach Inc. has hired Arron Peach as a Project Manager.
12. UMB Bank, a subsidiary of UMB Financial has announced the hiring of Steve Fenton as senior vice president, commercial real estate in Arizona. In his role, he is responsible for new business development and managing a commercial real estate loan portfolio.
13. hardison/downey has recently added new Project Superintendent Shawn Strange.
14. The city of Apache Junction has named Michael Wever as its new Director of Public Works, effective July 10.
15. Norris Design announced the addition of Alan Beaudoin as Principal in the Phoenix office.
16. Gilbane Building Company recently introduced Michelle Rousseau as Business Development Manager for Arizona.
17. Landmark Title Assurance Agency recently hired Kristi Smith to fill the position of Vice President. In the newly created position, Smith will oversee business development for Landmark Title’s residential services department and expand its operations.