Awards & Accolades
1. Here are the Top 10 Green Builders in Arizona, based on public voting for the 2020 edition of Ranking Arizona:
- CORE Construction
- DPR Construction
- Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- McCarthy Building Companies Inc.
- CHASSE Building Team
- Haydon Building Corp.
- Layton Construction Co.
- The Weitz Company – Green Builders
- Adolfson & Peterson Construction
2. Phoenix Business Journal has published their 2020 class of 40 Under 40. The CRE honorees include:
- Courtney Beller – Fennemore Craig P.C
- Carrie Masters – LGE Design Build
- Vanessa Williams – Colliers International
- Steve Larsen – JLL
3. CHASSE Building Team has been awarded the 2020 Tempe Chamber of Commerce Large Business of the Year. Barry Chasse accepted the honor on behalf of the company during the Tempe Chamber State of the Chamber event, hosted virtually on June 26th.
Boards & Commissions
4. The Valley Metro Regional Public Transportation Authority (RPTA) and Valley Metro Rail Boards of Directors have elected officers for the Fiscal Year 2021 term, July 1st, 2020 to June 30th, 2021. Peoria Councilmember Jon Edwards is the FY 2021 Valley Metro RPTA Board Chairman; Mesa Councilmember Francisco Heredia is Vice Chairman and Chairman of the FY 2021 Valley Metro Rail Board; and Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego is Treasurer of the RPTA Board and Vice Chairman of the Rail Board.
5. Timothy Medcoff, Co-Managing Partner of Farhang & Medcoff, was recently elected to chair the Tucson Metro Chamber Board of Directors. Other newly appointed members include Robert W. Assenmacher, CAID Group President; Stephanie Gilmore, North Tucson in Arizona Southern District Manager; Joe Salkowski, Tucson Electric Power Senior Director of Communications and Public Affairs; T. VanHook, Habitat for Humanity Tucson Chief Executive Officer; Edmund Marquez, owner of four local Allstate Insurance Agencies; Danette Bewely, Tucson Airport Authority President and CEO; and Eric Cornidez, Arizona Society of Interventional Pain Physicians Director at Large.
6. Kenneth Keefe has joined Crescent Communities as Director of Development for the company’s Phoenix Multifamily group.
7. Meyer Borgman Johnson Structural Design + Engineering recently announced the addition of Cullen O’Neil, P.E. and Lindsey Schultz, S.E. as associates to their firm.