AZBEX Baby News
1. AZBEX is thrilled to announce that our very own Kristen Amado and her husband Jaasiel have given birth to their first child, Luca Carmen Amado. Luca was born June 21, 2017 at 9:33am at 6lb 12oz of pure muscle and 19.5in long. We wish them many years of great health, love, happiness, and some occasional sleep.
Awards & Accolades
2. Rick Engineering Company is pleased to announce that, Dawn Fortuna was recognized at this year’s American Society of Highway Engineers National Conference as the 2017 ASHE Member of the Year.
3. Central Arizona Project Board President Lisa Atkins was recently recognized with two prominent awards for her leadership and public service. Leadership West, a West Valley leadership organization, named Atkins 2017 Civic Leader of the Year at a ceremony earlier this month. Atkins received Arizona Town Hall’s prestigious Shirley Agnos Leadership Award in early June, as well.
Boards & Commissions
4. The Weitz Company is proud to announce that Executive VP and General Manager Chris Harrison has been appointed to the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
5. Brian Foster has been named Board Chair-Elect at Phoenix Sister Cities.
6. The Valley Metro RPTA and Valley Metro Rail Boards of Directors have elected new officers for the Fiscal Year 2017-18 term. Elected to serve beginning July 1, 2017 for Valley Metro RPTA: Chair – Scottsdale Vice Mayor Suzanne Klapp, Vice Chair – Glendale Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff, Treasurer – Chandler Vice Mayor Kevin Hartke. Elected to serve beginning July 1, 2017 for Valley Metro Rail: Chair – Mesa Councilmember Christopher Glover, Vice Chair – Phoenix Councilmember Thelda Williams.
7. The Arizona Builders Alliance has announced Derek Wright, president of Suntec Concrete, has joined the association’s board of directors.
8. Global design firm Stantec has acquired RNL, a Denver-based, 134-person integrated architectural, interior and urban design firm. RNL has five offices, including one in Phoenix.
9. A unit of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway group has invested $377M for a 9.8 percent stake in highly profitable Scottsdale finance company Store Capital Corp.
10. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently promoted Paul Sprecco to Building Group Safety Manager. Sprecco will support the project teams in managing the health, safety, security and environmental components of the company’s Building Group projects.
12. With more than 25 years’ experience in international transactions, Benjamin Aguilera has joined Greenberg Traurig as a Shareholder.
13. Michael Shafer has joined SmithGroupJJR as a Technology Specialist.
14. Leinweber Stevens Construction announced that Erik Powell has been hired as Director of New Construction.
16. Guy Voss has signed on with McCarthy Building Companies as the new Director of Business Development.
17. Natalya Shikaloff, PE has recently joined AZTEC to lead its Southern California Transportation Division as Transportation Division Leader / Associate VP.
18. hardison/downey has recently added a number of new hires, including Senior Project Engineer Kim Valenzuela, Project Engineers Aaron Green and Surya Srinivasan and Senior Project Superintendent Mark Adams.