1. In an effort to support military service members, TDIndustries partnered with Operation Gratitude, a nonprofit group that provides care packages to deployed troops, new recruits and veterans. Across its seven locations in Texas and Arizona, TD donated 500 pounds of supplies and assembled 600 survival bracelets. The supplies include toiletries, batteries, snacks, weather-appropriate accessories and comforts from home.
Awards & Accolades
2. Sundt Construction, Inc. has again been named a CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ employer for 2019. This accreditation is given by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, a nonprofit organization of leading CEOs. To earn the CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation, a company must establish programs to reduce cancer risk by promoting a healthy lifestyle.
3. Zweig Group, a leading research, publishing and advisory resource for firms in the A/E/C industry has ranked HILGARTWILSON #20 on this year’s Hot Firm Award list. This award recognizes the 100 fastest-growing A/E/C firms in the United States and Canada, and is based on both dollar and percentage of revenue growth over the past three years.
4. Rose Law Group, the largest, female-owned law firm in Arizona, has been ranked as the third best company to work for by The Arizona Republic.
5. Maracay, an Arizona homebuilder for more than 25 years, has earned the No. 1 spot on the 2019 list of Top Companies to Work for in Arizona, as ranked by The Arizona Republic.
6. From a field of more than 2,000 women under consideration, AZRE magazine has announced its list of the Most Influential Women in Commercial Real Estate for 2019. They are:
- Lori Aune, director of operations, ARCHSOL Architects
- Lisa Buelna, director of business development, hardison/downey
- Lindsey Carlson, senior vice president, Arizona, Colliers International
- Frances J. Haynes, partner and chair of the Real Estate Industry Team, Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
- Jill Hegardt, vice president of entitlements, DMB Associates
- Bettina Hunt, vice president of leasing, Healthcare Trust of America
- Teri Jones, president of the Building Group, Sundt Construction
- Susan LaGanke, senior managing director, project and development services, Cushman & Wakefield
- Karyn MacVean, broker, Keyser Aerospace Team
- Kristine Newman, senior vice president, McCarthy Building Companies
- Denise Nunez, senior vice president, NAI Horizon
- Kim Shapiro Poole, vice president of business development, Skanska USA
Boards & Commissions
7. Brett Burningham was recently appointed as the Town of Queen Creek’s development services director. Burningham has been instrumental in a variety of crucial projects since he joined the town in 2013 as a principal planner.
8. Archer Western Construction announced that Brad Sanders has been promoted to Vice President within their Water and Wastewater Group, where he will be responsible for leading construction projects in the Southwest market.
9. Kevin Gonzales has been promoted to Vice President of Operations at Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty, where he will oversee 12 offices across Arizona and will expand training programs to help Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty agents maximize their sales.
10. George Oliver has hired Charles Jerkovich as a company Partner and Jay Sciarani as Lead Architect for George Oliver Design. Jerkovich will oversee portfolio management for all existing George Oliver assets and assists with sourcing, evaluating, underwriting and executing new development and investment opportunities. Sciarani will manage the design and implementation of repositioning strategies through George Oliver Design.
11. GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc. hired two engineers, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson. Ye Zhang, PE, joins the Phoenix office as an Electrical Engineer. She will also assist with business development. Tony Spence joins GLHN’s Tucson office as a Senior Electrical Engineer. His experience includes electrical design, power distribution, motor control, grounding, lighting and lightning protection.
12. Accelerated Development Services announced that Dave Lambert has been hired as the Vice President of Construction Management. A 25-year veteran in the construction arena, Lambert’s experience includes commercial and multifamily experience for projects totaling over $205M.
13. Lloyd Flowers, Project Director, transferred to McCarthy‘s Southwest Region from the firm’s Southern Region. He has 33 years of experience in construction, including 28 years with McCarthy.