Awards & Accolades
1. Gov. Doug Ducey has appointed Karrin Taylor Robson as a regent for the Arizona Board of Regents seat vacated by Chairman Greg Patterson. Taylor Robson is the founder and president of Arizona Strategies, a land-use strategy and real estate development company. Before forming Arizona Strategies, she was executive vice president of DMB Associates Inc.
2. Phoenix Business Journal has announced its list of the Top Architectural Firms. At #1, with 44 registered local architects, is DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky. Second is SmithGroupJJR with 38, and #3 is Orcutt | Winslow with 31.
3. Delbert Hawk has been elected to his second term as President of Local 640. Delbert comes from an IBEW family, and is proud of his father who was a 53-year member of the IBEW.
Boards and Commissions
4. Lauren Ferrigni, an attorney in the Fennemore Craig‘s Phoenix office, has been elected to the Executive Council for the State Bar of Arizona’s Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section.
5. Ford Audio-Video has acquired Phoenix-based Audio Video Resources, an audio visual company that has serviced a variety of local businesses.
6. JP Morgan Chase & Co. has named Craig Zollinger as the region manager and head of Middle Market Banking and Specialized Industries (MMBSI) in Arizona.
7. Greg St. Clair has been promoted to Executive Vice President and COO of Arizona Corporate Builders, LLC, beginning July 1.
8. With a mixture of sadness and pride, AZBEX bids farewell to Director of Sales David Turner, who is leaving to accept his “dream job” with the NFL’s Carolina Panthers in their scouting program. Most of the staff wishes him great success in his new position. He will continue to attend AZBEX functions and events, however, as he still maintains his position as Husband-in-Chief to Publisher Rebekah Morris.
9. McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. recently announced five new hires. They are: Joe Kilgallen, Preconstruction Manager; Carlos Rodriguez, Superintendent; Lloyd Hiser, Superintendent; Tom Walker, Superintendent; and Daniel Soto, Project Manager.
10. After 28 years at ADOT, Ajay Ringwala has joined CK Group as Senior Highway Designer | Inroads Team Lead.
11. Scott Taylor joins Greenberg Construction as a Senior Project Manager, and Shawn Clark has joined as Superintendent.
12. Mike James has joined Pulice as its new Director of Estimating.
13. NAI Horizon has announced Matt Harper has joined the company as an Associate in the Retail Properties Group.
14. Willmeng Construction, Inc. announced Keyvan Ghahreman has joined the team as the Director of Client and Preconstruction Services.
15. Small Giants, LLC., has announced Austin Edwards has joined the marketing team as a Design Specialist for the company’s two locations.
17. Michelle Blaisdell joined Corporate Interior Systems as a Designer and Project Manager for their architectural solutions division.
18. Shane Carter has joined Cushman & Wakefield as an Associate.
19. Brittany Geist is the new Project Manager at RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture.