1. Rosendin sponsored Austin’s first Construction Camp For Girls, created by the Austin Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction, from June 10th – 14th. The week-long camp gave 13 girls heading into 7th, 8th and 9th grades opportunities for hands-on learning and new experiences in an industry most young girls aren’t introduced to.
Awards & Accolades
2. ZELUS, the largest reality capture services firm in the nation, has earned a spot on the list of 2019 azcentral.com® Top Companies to Work for in Arizona, for the second year in a row.
3. Heather J. Boysel is the first female and among the youngest to become a managing partner of Gammage & Burnham law firm. As managing partner, Boysel will focus on supporting practice group leaders as they advance client service priorities and expand the group of lawyers at the firm.
4. Hunter Engineering, a Scottsdale-based engineering firm, has acquired Phoenix-based JMA Engineering Corp. The acquisition, which was finalized on May 31, allows Hunter Engineering to expand its multifamily development services. The firm has primarily focused its efforts on civil engineering and land surveying in the industrial sector.
5. RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture announced that Steven Voss, Sr. Vice President, has been selected for a new role as Principal in Charge of Strategic Leadership and Geographic Expansion for RVi. In this new leadership role, Steven will be responsible for the development and implementation of a business development plan to identify, research and recommend geographic expansion opportunities for the firm.
6. In May, Cape Powers was named the new director for Peoria’s water services department, where he will oversee more than 90 employees and a $38M budget for the city. As the new director, Powers will also oversee regulatory compliance, water rights, planning efforts water and wastewater operations, and sustainability programs.
7. A.R. Mays Construction has recently hired three new team members. Kevin Barnes, with more than 35 years of construction experience, has been hired on as a senior project manager; Carl Davis has been hired on as a project superintendent; and Keith Martinez, with more than 10 years of construction experience, has been hired on as assistant project manager.
8. Commercial Real Estate veteran, Tyler Smith, has joined Kidder Mathews‘ Phoenix office where he has been named a senior vice president. Smith specializes in the sale and leasing of office properties in the West Valley market.
9. Transwestern Commercial Services announced it has hired Kate Morris and Vince Femiano to serve as senior vice presidents and lead the firm’s Healthcare Advisory Services group in Phoenix, and hired Kevin Smiegel to serve as a senior associate.
10. NAI Horizon continues to grow its Phoenix office with the hiring of industry veteran Mike Myrick, CCIM. Myrick has been involved in more than 500MSF of agency transactions and more than $1B in leasing and investment sales transactions. He currently acts in an advisory capacity to a large national financial institution and has also worked for one of the largest private equity funds.
11. Global brand and retail consultancy FITCH has appointed Tom Bowen Managing Director of its Phoenix architecture studio. Bowen will be responsible for day-to-day operations and fueling client growth opportunities by bringing the very best of FITCH to their clients’ businesses.
12. Julie A. Johnson, CCIM and Alexandra Loye have moved their healthcare brokerage practice to Colliers International in Arizona. The duo is one of the city’s leading medical office and senior housing teams for leasing, sales and site selection. Johnson joins the company as executive vice president and Loye holds the title of senior vice president.
13. Solutions AEC has hired Certified Business Developer, Denise Allen, as their Business Development Manager for their Arizona location.
14. Yasmine Marcano has recently joined Greenlight Communities as a project manager, coordinating tenant experience and consultant relationships for the Cabana Apartment Portfolio. Yasmine provides over 16 years’ experience and insight in all aspects of Property Management and Leasing.