Awards & Accolades
1. The Society for Marketing Professional Services has named its 2017-2018 Board of Directors. They are: Emy Burback, President; Brandi Barr, President-Elect; Maureen Varela, Immediate Past President; Christina Sollie, Secretary; Christy Sipos, Treasurer; Dana Varieur, Delegate-at-Large; Charlie Crews, Membership Director; Brad Thompson, Publicity Director; Jamie Schindeldecker, Programs Director; and Michelle Maki, Education Director.
2. Jennifer Giralo, marketing coordinator for Archer Western (Walsh Group) has been honored with the 2016 Association of Proposal Management Professionals Future Leader Award. Jennifer enjoys sharing her passion for proposal development with students to encourage the next generation of future leaders.
3. The Arizona Fiduciaries Association has named Pima County Fiduciary Peter Santini Fiduciary of the Year.
4. The Arizona Commerce Authority has named six awardees in the Spring 2017 round of the Arizona Innovation Challenge. Each company receives up to $250K in capital to grow their business. The awardees are Codelucida of Tucson and Hydronalix of Sahuarita, Attribytes of Chandler, ClickIPO of Scottsdale, Electric Torque Machines of Flagstaff, and Naya Energy of Phoenix.
5. Vestar was a winner of a 2017 U.S. MAXI Award from the International Council of Shopping Centers. Vestar received a Gold Award in the Traditional Marketing category for its “Shop & Text, Don’t Text & Drive” campaign.
6. Erik B. Peterson of PHX Architecture has been named the Designer of the Month for June by the HGTV Professionals Network. Erik is the first architect to be given this honor.
7. Michael Achtman has been promoted to vice president at ORION Investment Real Estate.
8. Peoria City Council approved Deputy City Manager Jeff Tyne as the new city manager to replace Carl Swenson, who announced his retirement May 15.
9. Arizona Mining Association President Kelly Norton resigned from the advocacy group
10. Thomas Puff has joined Gallagher & Kennedy as of counsel.
11. YAM Capital recently announced the hiring of Irish Rogers as its latest portfolio manager.
12. Tom Ellixson has signed with Menlo Group Commercial Real Estate as senior associate advisor.
13. Lori Armstrong has joined FATHOM Water Management as senior market development manager.
15. Shepley Bulfinch has announced that Robert (Bob) Simmons, AIA, LEED AP has joined the firm as a principal.
16. Betsy Miller has joined Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. as technical director.
17. Caliber – The Wealth Development Company recently announced the hiring of Jade Leung as chief financial officer.