Awards & Accolades
1. Phoenix Business Journal has announced it’s 2019 Top 40 Under 40 Honorees. See the full list here. Some of the honorees include:
- Julie Garcia, director of preconstruction, Kitchell
- Rusty Kennedy, vice president, CBRE
- Yung Koprowski, principal, Y2K Engineering LLC
- Susan Martinez, regional economic development specialist, Maricopa Association of Governments
- Cherilyn McCabe, estimator, Mortenson
- Stephanie McCarty, chief marketing and communications officer, Taylor Morrison
- Colleen Schwab, senior vice president of marketing and communications, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Julia Staten, project manager, Hensel Phelps
2. Just in time for its 50th anniversary, Kidder Mathews was recently named a Fastest-Growing Private Company in the United States by Inc. 5000 Magazine. That prestigious recognition means the commercial real estate firm is now a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree since it had also earned the distinction in 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2013.
Boards & Commissions
3. The Scottsdale City Council has named Renee Higgs to the city’s Planning Commission to fill the vacancy left when former Commissioner Kelsey Pasquel resigned in March.
4. LGE Design Build has positioned two new project executives to its management team – Andrew Greybar and Blake Wells. Both Wells and Greybar have been an integral part of the projects coming in the door since joining the team in 2017.
5. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently promoted Jon-Paul (JP) Jaramillo to talent acquisition manager.
6. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently selected Stewart Grauer to serve as Phoenix Regional Director for its Building Group, Southwest District. In his new role, Grauer is responsible for business development, preconstruction and project execution as well as profitability, risk management and talent development.
7. Kent Hanson has joined Kidder Mathews‘ Phoenix office as a senior vice president, and he specializes in the sale and leasing of industrial properties.
8. Atwell, LLC welcomed Ramzi Georges as Team Leader, Southwest Region. Based in Atwell’s Phoenix office, he will provide leadership support to project teams while promoting and expanding Atwell’s services into emerging geographic markets throughout the Southwest
9. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently hired Josh Carmichael as its new human resources manager. He will oversee a team that provides support to the company’s operations and support groups in the areas of employee relations, employee engagement and compliance.
10. Transwestern Commercial Services announced it has appointed Rosie Keller to serve as Senior Vice President and Asset Services leader in Phoenix. With almost 20 years of commercial real estate experience, Keller will oversee the firm’s 5MSF portfolio in the Phoenix area, including Marina Heights in Tempe.
11. Jake Stones joined McCarthy’s national Water Services team as project director. He is responsible for the overall leadership of water projects, including pre-construction and construction execution as well as managing the client relationship and ensuring project teams maintain the schedule and budget, prioritize safety and adhere to McCarthy’s strict quality standards.
12. Former state lawmaker Doug Todd died May 24 at age 89. Todd, from Tempe, was instrumental in the creation of Valley freeways as he sponsored legislation that paved the way for loops 101 and 202.