Awards & Accolades
1. Shea Homes Arizona recently won six awards at the 2017 Major Achievements in Merchandising Excellence Awards presented by the Home Builders Association of Central Arizona.
2. Mayor Greg Stanton and Republic President Cathilea Robinett, publisher of Governing, announced that Phoenix was named the Top Performing City Overall by Governing and Living Cities through the first-ever national “Equipt to Innovate” survey. Equipt to Innovate is a new initiative launched by Governing and Living Cities.
3. Banner – University Medical Center South in Tucson was recognized for its top performance among Banner Health hospitals with a 2017 Best of the Best Award at Banner Health’s annual conference in Phoenix.
4. Pima Association of Governments and the Regional Transportation Authority presented the 2017 Timothy M. Ahrens Partnering Award to the Arizona Department of Transportation on May 25 during the monthly meetings of the PAG Regional Council and RTA Board.
5. Leo Sanchez, Assistant Vice President, Commercial Sales Executive/Major Accounts at Fidelity National Title, successfully completed the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business Master of Real Estate Development Program.
6. Dickinson Wright PLLC announced that Attorney James H. Patterson has been recognized for his work in Real Estate Law in the 2017 Chambers USA Guide.
Boards and Commissions
7. Derek Kirkland of DPR Construction has been appointed as Board Member at New Pathways for Youth.
8. Vivian Ayala has been named the first partner at Candelaria Design Associates.
9. Greenberg Construction has hired Rob Uhlorn as director of preconstruction. Rob will be responsible for all budgeting, estimating and pricing associated with company projects.
10. hardison/downey has recently added a number of new hires, including Senior Project Managers Richard Nordick and Rich Wherty, Associate Project Manager Sandy Cuevas and Superintendents George Brosemann and Jason Eccles.
11. Ian P. Turner has joined Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates. He specializes in Industrial and Office properties.
12. Walter Howl has joined Greenberg Traurig as Of Counsel.
13. Jason Hamilton has joined Hamilton Architecture, pllc as the Director of Business Development.
14. Mike James has joined Phoenix Public Transit as the city’s first Bus Rapid Transit Administrator.