Awards & Accolades
1. For the second year in a row, AECOM Hunt has earned the top spot on the Phoenix Business Journal’s list of Commercial Building Contractors. The company had Arizona billings of $324M in 2016. In second place was DPR Construction ($313M). McCarthy Building Companies ($276.5M) took third.
2. The Arizona Department of Transportation named the winners of its Arizona Transportation Partnering Excellence Awards earlier this month. Fann Contracting was the most honored company.
3. It’s been a month of honors for the City of Yuma. First, travel show “Official Best of Arizona 2017” named Downtown Yuma as Official Best Historic Main Street Community in Arizona for 2017. Then, non-profit agency KaBOOM named it a Playful City USA in recognition of the City’s commitment to its parks and programs.
4. Jon Kitchell and Lorenzo Perez, owners and partners at renowned residential and hospitality developer Venue Projects have opted to convey their interest in Venue Builders to fellow founders Aaron Genova and Cal Detwiler, who have renamed the company Genova-Detwiler Custom Builders. The firm will focus on custom residential projects.
Boards and Commissions
6. Garver has promoted Andrea Odegard-Begay to serve as Arizona Water Team Leader.
7. Sean Thomas has been promoted to Vice President at SRS Real Estate Partners.
8. Skanska USA announced President and CEO Richard Cavallaro will step down from his current position and return to his former role as the president of Skanska USA Civil effective June 1. Skanska Executive Vice President Anders Danielsson, who currently leads the company’s infrastructure and U.K. divisions, will replace Cavallaro as president and CEO of Skanska USA.
9. Construction industry veteran Wayne Einbinder has been named Arizona Regional Executive for Kitchell Contractors.
10. A.R. Mays Construction has announced three new hires. Joining the team are Jonathan Hirt – Senior Project Manager, Joey Meyers – Project Superintendent, and Hubert Smith – Project Superintendent.
11. Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates / Insignia CRE, LLC has hired Ian Turner as an Associate Broker.
12. Katelyn Harris Lange has been hired to serve as Economic Development Coordinator at the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce.
13. Cushman & Wakefield has signed Ronan McNulty as a Senior Research Analyst.
14. Michael Smiggen has joined Alliance Bank of Arizona as Senior Loan Officer IV (SVP).
15. SVN | Desert Commercial Advisors has hired Vanessa Nance as its new Receptionist/Marketing & Administrative Assistant.