Awards & Accolades
1. The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) has announced the recipients of its 2018 Economic Development Distinguished by Excellence (EDDE) Awards. The winners are:
- Jaye O’Donnell, assistant economic development director for the City of Mesa, Member of the Year.
- Dan Henderson, CEcD, economic development director for Gilbert, Ariz., Economic Developer of the Year, Large Community.
- Richard Wilkie, CEcD, AZED Pro, economic development director for the City of Casa Grande, Economic Developer of the Year, Medium Community.
- Wendy Bridges, AZED Pro, economic development coordinator for the City of Prescott, Economic Developer of the Year, Small Community.
- Lena Fowler, Coconino County Board of Supervisors, District 5, Economic Developer of the Year, Tribal Community.
- Ben Hooper, economic development coordinator for the Town of Prescott Valley, New Member of the Year.
- Joel Millman, program manager for Pinal County, Workforce Practitioner of the Year.
- Gilbert, Ariz., Large Organization of the Year.
- Pinal County, Medium Organization of the Year.
- Town of Queen Creek, Small Organization of the Year.
2. Dr. Ellie Volosin, PhD, local chapter member and AECOM Phoenix engineer, was recently selected as the WTS Diane Woodend Jones WTS Chair Sponsorship recipient to attend the Eno Leadership Development Conference for Emerging Professionals.
Boards & Commissions
3. Angela Watson, Principal for Shepley Bulfinch, has been elected to the 2018 College of Fellows of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), in recognition of her achievements in design, contributions to the architecture profession, and betterment of the communities she serves.
4. Corbins Electric recently announced the promotion of Justin Martin to President and Mark Fleming as CEO. In his role as President, Justin will continue forging strategic partnerships, promoting team development, and driving change in electrical construction. As CEO, Mark will focus on growing the business and nurturing strategic partnerships.
5. Jason Mikkelsen has been promoted to managing principal of HDR’s Phoenix architecture studio. He will lead a staff of 38 architects and engineers and help further develop the firm’s presence in the Phoenix market.
6. W.E. O’Neil Construction Company has announced the hiring of Jed Hueberger as Senior Project Manager for their Tucson Office.
7. Earthworks Environmental, LLC has expanded its Arizona operation with the hiring of Aaron Gordon as a compliance manager.
8. Partner ESI has announced that Donald Ohle, EIT, MBA, has joined their team as a Senior Project Manager for their growing PCA Equity/Construction Risk Management Practice.
9. Avison Young announced the strategic hiring of Wally Hale as Principal of their Phoenix Office.
10. Fabrizio Mascioni has joined Ninyo & Moore’s Phoenix Environmental Division as Senior Project Geologist and brings over 15 years of environmental consulting experience on large-scale site investigation and remediation projects.