Awards & Accolades
1. Phoenix Business Journal has named its Top Solar Installers for 2016. Leading the list was McCarthy Building Companies with 58,000 kilowatts installed. Second was Wilson Electric Services Corp. with 40,736. Titan Solar Power was third at 18,000.
2. Investment Property Associates has been recognized for its high marks in customer service and resident experience. SatisFacts recently announced the winners of its 2016 National Resident Satisfaction Awards. IPA and all six of its Liv communities were honored. IPA was an Exceptional Company award winner for a score of 4.5 or higher in resident satisfaction. Arizona communities are: Liv North Scottsdale, Liv Northgate in Gilbert, Liv Avenida in Chandler, Liv Ahwatukee.
3. Major commercial builders RJM Construction Phoenix announced it will be doing business as Venn Companies moving forward. Venn will now provide a more focused develop/design/deliver approach to those who build a wide range of spaces in both vertical and horizontal markets.
4. Watt Communities of Arizona has officially planned, built and sold out all units at its first Arizona infill residential community – Dorsey Lane, located directly east of Arizona State University in Tempe.
5. Skanska, kicked off its 13th annual Safety Week May 1, focusing on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle of continuous improvement. Skanska’s hundreds of job sites nationwide and its regional offices marked the event with activities such as toolbox talks, safety demonstrations and training sessions. Additionally, Skanska once again participated in the annual Construction Industry Safety Week, which it helped found in 2014.
6. Pima County is reaching out to property owners near the Benson Highway corridor who might qualify for assistance under the Brownfields Program, which seeks to spur community and economic revitalization on Tucson’s South Side.
7. Balfour Beatty Construction has promoted Leary Jones as VP- Safety Health & Environmental in California. He oversees the Safety, Health and Environmental on projects in CA and AZ with a cumulative value of more than $2.5B.
8. AZBEX is thrilled to announce the hiring of Katie Diecidue as our newest Market Researcher. Katie’s duties will primarily focus on verifying and updating information in the ever-expanding AZBEX Database.
9. Keyser has added two new brokers to its commercial real estate team. Todd Linde comes to Keyser from Colliers International where he was a VP specializing in tenant representation. Drew Stone has joined from NAI Horizon where he was an industrial specialist.
10. Adolfson & Peterson Construction have announced the appointment of Jim Neumann as Director of Business Development. He will be responsible for the acquisition of work and client retention in the region.
11. Derrick Sinclair has been hired at Kidder Matthews for Valuation Advisory Services.
12. The City of Maricopa has hired Mary Wolf-Francis as an Economic Development Specialist where she will focus on attracting, retaining, and expanding businesses in the city.
13. Kristina Rabjohn has signed on with Empire West Title as its newest Business Development Manager to generate commercial and residential transactions.