1. Team Achen-Gardner won first place in the 2019 Engineers Without Borders Softball Tournament. The tournament raised more than $5.3K for Engineers Without Borders. These funds will go towards supporting the mission of the organization, which is to build a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
Awards & Accolades
2. Magnum Companies, a Phoenix-based designer, fabricator, and installer of metal components celebrating its 40th anniversary, won three Silver Awards at the 2019 Ernest Wiemann Top Job Competition for outstanding craftsmanship. They received awards for the following:
- Structures and Miscellaneous: Eddie V’s;
- Unusual Ornamental: Scottsdale Fashion Square;
- Art/Sculpture: COP Odor Control.
3. Everest Holdings, a real estate investment and advisory company in Scottsdale, announced its newly-formed lending platform, Everest Financial Services. Everest Financial Services is led by Ryan O’Donovan, who will work closely with Everest Holdings’ affiliate Conifer Capital led by Steve Surgent. Others involved will be Joe Blackbourn, president of Everest Holdings, and Daniel Feiner, president of Feiner Enterprises.
5. BJ Peterson was promoted to Project Director with McCarthy Building Companies Southwest region. In his new role, BJ is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the design phase services and construction execution on water and wastewater treatment projects across the region.
6. Skylar Brody has joined Path Construction Southwest in the Scottsdale office as an Estimator. Brody works closely with the estimating and operations teams in conceptual budgeting, quantification, bid strategies and competitive bid procurements. He also coordinates with their national estimating group on larger projects and national client servicing.
7. PCL Construction recently hired Bob Whalen as Business Development Manager, who brings 30 years of industrial business development experience, and Kevin Roach as Project Manager, who has 22 years of experience managing water and wastewater infrastructure projects throughout Arizona.
8. John Gregory joined the Henderson Engineers Phoenix office, where he is working with wholly-owned subsidiary Henderson Building Solutions on plumbing and medical gas processes and modifications in healthcare facilities.
9. Rose Law Group Reporter has recently added Mike Sunnucks to their team. Sunnucks will be writing about real estate, economic development, public policy and more.