Awards & Accolades
1. Jason Brown, a student of the Arizona Builders Alliance Electrical Apprenticeship Program, took home the silver medal in the Electrical: Commercial/Industrial competition at the Associated Builders and Contractors’ 31st annual National Craft Championships on March 22 in Long Beach, Calif.
2. Rosendin Electric, an employee owned company and one of the largest electrical contractors in the U.S., was honored with the 2018 Grand Award for Construction Safety Excellence at the 19th Annual Construction Safety Excellence Awards. Rosendin also received the first place award for Specialty Contractor over three million man-hours.
3. Rosendin Electric has been named a Silver ESOP Award winner by The ESOP Association. The Silver ESOP Awards recognize companies for their work in sustaining their ESOP for 25 years or more. The ESOP Association is the national trade association for companies with employee stock ownership plans.
4. Michael Mateen with Liv Communities was awarded the Certified Commercial Investment Member designation by the CCIM Institute at CCIM Institute’s Midyear Governance Meetings.
Boards & Commissions
5. Lori Singleton sees plenty of opportunity with her new job leading Arizona Forward. Singleton, who spent nearly four decades working with Salt River Project, took over as executive director of the environmental and development group in March and now is leading the efforts to pivot its statewide efforts to big-ticket items involving improved use of the state’s waterways and working to make the state a leader in autonomous cars.
6.Travis Bard and Keri Silvyn have been elected as chair and vice chair, respectively, of the Board of Appeals of the Arizona State Land Department. They will begin serving in these positions starting May 1 for a one-year term.
7. The Muller Company has earned the Accredited Management Organization designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management. Jenny Blanchart, director of property management for The Muller Company, will be formally awarded the AMO certificate at the IREM Greater Phoenix Chapter’s lunch meeting on May 22 at the Arizona Country Club.
8. Artisan Colour is celebrating 20 years of providing innovative catalog services and custom corporate printing to businesses and individuals locally and nationwide. Located in a 36KSF building in north Scottsdale, Artisan Colour was founded by catalog industry veterans Doug Bondon, Joe Vallone, and John Passante.
9. After 15 years with The Weitz Company, Mike Ostwinkle has been promoted to field operations manager.
10. JE Dunn Construction has hired Mel Jones as a senior diversity & inclusion manager. Based out of the company’s Portland office, Jones will lead initiatives for JE Dunn throughout the western United States. With more than 25 years of experience in construction, including diversity and inclusion, Jones will support a collaborative and innovative culture throughout the firm.
11. Hoskin Ryan Consultants, Inc. are pleased to announce Eric Shawd has joined the engineering firm as project manager.
12. News from The Weitz Company: Rich Shaver has been hired on as an Estimator III – Electrical, and Jonathan Sorrell has been hired on as quality control manager.