1. TrueValue Distribution Center worked with 75 kids from the Kingman Boys & Girls Club on an Eiffel Tower construction project on April 7 and donated $2,653 to go toward gym supplies.
Awards & Accolades
2. The University of Arizona Old Main Renovation and Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Sun Devil Fitness Complex earned 2017 Arizona Leader Awards from the United States Green Building Council Arizona. Sundt Construction was the general contractor for both projects.
3. The U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring 18 organizations from California, Arizona and Nevada for the 2017 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year Awards.
4. Here are the 2017 SMPS Arizona Marketing Communications Award winners:
- Holiday Piece: JE Dunn Construction
- Video: The Weitz Company
- Website: Tank Girl Marketing
- Special Event: Concord General Contracting
- Project Pursuit: The Weitz Company
- Marketer of the Year: Maisha Christian Hagan, Jokake Construction
- Up and Comer: Charlie Crews, Small Giants
- President’s Choice: Travis McCoy, Schaefer
5. Max at Kierland won a BOMA Pacific Southwest Region TOBY award in the Earth category and will advance to the international level.
6. Ken Slota, Construction Manager at PCL Construction, was named Construction Professional of the Year by the AZ Water Association.
7. The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors has presented Roseann Osborn-Perez with its Tom Manos Outstanding Service Award.
8. Melissa Boyles has announced the launch of MB Consulting Group, LLC. The company offers affirmative action contracting, federal regulatory, certification, operations and finance, branding and collateral development, and marketing and business development expertise.
9. Pinpoint Holdings, Inc. has completed the acquisition of local exchange carrier and Fiber to the Home provider Accipiter Communications, dba Zona Communications.
10. The Original ChopShop will be opening 4 more locations in Arizona this year, including one at Queen Creek opening at the end of this month at 21227 S. Ellsworth Loop Rd. The location will be roughly 4KSF. Other locations are slated for Arcadia, North Scottsdale and Paradise Valley.
11. The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce announced they are considering moving out of the Chase Building Tower in Downtown Phoenix where they currently lease 12.5KSF.
12. Bank of America plans to close its financial center at the Bank of America Building at 33 N. Stone Ave and merge its operations into a branch less than a mile north at 902 N. Stone Ave.
13. Douglas Sydnor has recently relaunched his Scottsdale-based architectural firm douglas sydnor architect + associates, inc. (DSAA). The firm will focus on cultural facility projects, commercial and custom residential projects, ranging from ground-up projects to renovations and additions to existing structures.
14. Hexagon Mining is locating its North American Headquarters in downtown Tucson thanks to a recent $1.289M contribution to an incentives package from the Rio Nuevo Board of Directors. Hexagon Mining will bring about 260 employees to the new location.
16. Jo Dance has joined CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services as Managing Director. Dance will focus on expanding the firm’s market share in the region.
17. Partner Engineering and Science has hired Paul Zavalney as a Technical Director for the Investment Advisory Group.