1. Opus Group’s Opus Foundation has announced voting has opened for the Gerry Rauenhorst Building Community Award. Anyone can vote one time for the non-profit of their choice. The winner receives $64K.
2. GoDaddy has announced a program to help minority-owned small businesses that will be impacted by the upcoming South Central Avenue light rail expansion in 2019. The company will assist businesses by providing free website, digital and mentoring opportunities through its GoCommunities Program.
3. The Arizona Builders Alliance’s Leadership Development Forum has completed more than $55K worth of significant upgrades to Rehoboth Children’s Learning Center in Phoenix, the 2016 LDF community service project recipient. Rehoboth provides affordable childcare to low income families.
Awards & Accolades
4. The Phoenix Business Journal has published its list of top Industrial-Commercial Real Estate Developers. In order of SF developed, they are:
No.1: VanTrust Real Estate – 2.2M
No. 2: Merit Partners – 2.06M
No. 3: AZ Sourcing LLC – 1.6M
No. 4: Trammell Crow Co. – 1.23M
No. 5: Wentworth Property Co – 549K
5. SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center, recently received two prestigious awards from the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Arizona Chapter — Economic Impact Project Of The Year and Spec Office Project Of The Year for 2016.
6. The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health recently honored Kitchell with the Exemplary Award for the Voluntary Protection Program at its annual Industrial Commission of Arizona Day at the Capitol. Kitchell is the first construction company to ever win the award.
7. Richard Alcocer has been named to the company foundation as Land Surveying Director at CVL Consultants.
8. Edward Tybor has joined NewLAWu.s. as a Member Attorney.
9. Menlo Group Commercial Real Estate has hired Mark Haslip as its new VP.
10. Sarah Barr has joined Newland Communities as its new Marketing Director at the Estrella master-planned community in the West Valley.
11. Oldcastle-Superlite has hired Richard Arana as a Recruiting and Retention Specialist.
12. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR has welcomed Max Fisher to its Tucson commercial real estate brokerage team. Max specializes in the leasing and sale of industrial and business park properties.