Boards & Commissions
1. Valley Partnership named Brett Hopper, Development Consultant at The OPUS Group, as its 2017 Chair. The group also named its new officers: Todd Chester, WDP Partners, Vice Chair; Jill Hegardt, DMB Associates, Treasurer; Tim Brislin, Harvard Investments, Secretary; Jay Kramer, Fennemore Craig, General Counsel; Molly Ryan Carson, Ryan Companies US, Past Chair; as well as its new Board of Directors.
2. Sheryl Palmer has been chosen as a Board Member and Executive Committee Member for HomeAid America.
3. Andrew Apostolik has been named Vice-Chair, Utility & Infrastructure Division at Associated General Contractors of America.
4. Luxury real estate firm The Agency opened an office in Scottsdale, its first in Arizona and ninth worldwide.
5. Galtronics Corp. Ltd. has consolidated two of its Tempe offices into one larger facility, and plans to double local employees in the next two-to-three years.
6. Arizona Polymer Flooring, a manufacturer of high-performance flooring products and concrete coating systems, has relocated into a state-of-the-art, 50KSF manufacturing facility in Phoenix near 43rd Avenue and Buckeye Road.
Awards & Accolades
7. Lisa Folsom, Regional Pavement Maintenance, has been named the Arizona Maintenance Superintendents Association Vendor of the Year.
8. CBRE VP Evan Koplan has earned his SIOR designation as an industrial specialist.
9. Wilson Electric Services Corp. is the Top Electrical Contractor of the Year with a total of $90M in 2016 sales. Delta Diversified Enterprises Inc was #2 this year with sales of $74M. Cannon & Wendt Electric Co. Inc. was third with $72M.
10. Jason Kahn (Rummel), Stephen Bacon (Achen-Gardner), Jennifer Donaldson (Stacy and Witbeck), Chris Horn (Pulice) and Rick Risner (Sunland – not pictured) were selected for the ACG in the Community award on behalf of the AZAGC Young Constructor’s Forum.
11. Nayan Bhakta has been promoted to Project Director at McCarthy Building Companies.
13. Kristin Sexton of CBRE’s Phoenix office has been promoted to Senior Managing Director with CBRE Labor Analytics.
14. MODE Commercial Property Management recently hired commercial property management veteran Gary Coley as its senior real estate manager.
15. Mike Baumgardner has joined LevRose Commercial Real Estate as sales director.
16. Newland Communities has selected Kimberly Banach to serve as marketing manager for its Estrella master-planned community.
17. GCON Inc. has hired Joel Cancola as its new director of preconstruction.
18. Rebecca Roberts has joined the commercial sales & leasing unit of West USA Commercial Real Estate Services.
19. Tracy Colburn has been hired as VP of Operations at Cadence Senior Living.
20. Juan Parodis has joined Form Third as a project manager.
21. Valerie Ahyong has joined The Planning Center’s Tempe location as the lead landscape architect.
22. CBRE has announced the hiring of Alex Hardie as sales manager at its Tucson office.