Awards & Accolades
1. The Phoenix Business Journal has published its list of Top Interior Design Firms. Gensler tops the list with 39 designers on staff. Corgan was second with 26, and Studio Dwell came in third with 18.
2. Goodmans Interior Structures tops the Phoenix Business Journal’s list of Office Furniture Companies with $67.17M in sales. Number 2 was Atmosphere Commercial Interiors at $33.74M. Corporate Interior Systems ranked third with sales of $32.5M.
3. Willmeng Construction Vice President/Chief Estimator Isam Ghandour has recently earned the Certified Professional Estimator credential administered by the American Society of Professional Estimators.
4. The Metro Phoenix Chapter of Women’s Transportation Seminar recently issued its member awards. Recipients were Brenda Yanez (New Member of the Year), Teresa Welborn (Member of the Year), Jacons Engineering Group (Employer of the Year), Phoenix Hispanic Network (Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award), Valley Metro Public Art Program (Innovative Transportation Solution Award) and Teri Collins (Woman of the Year).
5. Grady Gammage Jr., a real estate and zoning attorney and founder of Gammage & Burnham P.L.C., will be honored with the Award of Excellence from NAIOP. The award recognizes an individual who has made a significant, positive impact on the office and industrial commercial real estate market in Arizona over a period of nothing less than 15 years, along with direct volunteer contributions to the chapter.
Boards & Commissions
6. The Metropolitan Pima Alliance has named a new, 23-member Board of Directors and published its new mission statement: “MPA works to create a prosperous community by promoting collaborative real estate development policies, building partnerships and finding common ground.”
7. Scottsdale-based commercial real estate firm Keyser Co. has plans to expand into Salt Lake City, Austin, Nashville and Silicon Valley. The firm has also hired Phoenix attorney Brian Udall.
8. Francisco Aguirre, founder of The Office Pile and owner of Montecristo Properties LLC, has been indicted on felony charges of conspiracy, fraudulent schemes and artifices, money laundering, illegally conducting an enterprise, mortgage fraud, theft and forgery, according to Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich.
9. Global engineering and construction company AECOM plans to spend as much as $3.5B in an effort to become the largest infrastructure firm in the world, according to Bloomberg.
10. Jeremy McClain has been promoted to VP at CCMC.
11. Mortenson has promoted George Forristall to Development Executive.
12. Shannon Stealy has been promoted to assistant project manager for Perlo Construction.
13. Peeyush Dayal has been promoted to Chief Technology Officer at CommLoan.
14. Perlo Construction has announced three new staff members. Alex Guerrero has joined as a project manager. Natasha Smith has been named relationship manager, and Trey Tan has joined as an intern.
15. CBRE has announced Jennifer Bergamo has hired on as a Vice President. The firm has also hired cost segregation expert John Kevil as a director in the firm’s Phoenix office.
16. ASU research scientist Shade T. Shutters will serve as a consultant with Keyser Co. The firm has also hired Greg Fischer as its head of strategic planning.
17. Michael Park has joined Atwell, LLC as its new Project Manager, Land Development.
18. Lee & Associates has announced the addition of Steven Gonzalez, Marcus Muirhead and Greg Guglielmino as Investment Principals, joining the company’s existing Investment Group.
19. Noted Valley philanthropist, architect and real estate developer Gary Herberger has passed away at age 79.