1. The Sundt Foundation donated $5,425 to Hoofbeats with Heart and has awarded a total of $92,825 in grants to 24 additional local nonprofits around the Valley during its first-quarter disbursements. The Foundation also awarded a total of $18,500 in grants to nine Tucson-area nonprofits.
2. The 2019 Belfiore Bash Cornhole Charity Tournament raised an estimated $29K for The Care Fund – enough to support at least 29 families struggling through treatment of their seriously ill children.
Awards & Accolades
3. Randall “Randy” D. Harris, P.E., managing director for Western Technologies Inc., was recognized as the 2019 Southern Arizona Engineer of the Year at the annual awards banquet that was held at the Doubletree Tucson Airport on February 19.
4. Colliers International in Greater Phoenix is expanding its client services to include Environmental and Building Due Diligence Services. The new offerings will be available to property management, landlord and investor clients of the company as part of Colliers’ full-service approach to commercial real estate. Lee Morris, a registered geologist and expert in environmental consulting, will be the first professional within the group and others will be added as the practice expands.
5. Keyser officially launched its new digital infrastructure solutions (DIS) practice group. The new group will be led by technology and real estate industry veterans Patrick Wilcox and Michael Ortiz, who are joining Keyser from Colliers International where they served as regional leaders within the technology solutions group. The group will focus on delivering multi-market services surrounding information technology and digital real estate, providing comprehensive critical facility services to clients.
6. Eco3d announced that they will be changing their name to ZELUS. One of the many strategic initiatives announced was the Company’s desire to grow through merger/acquisition. To that end, ZELUS has created a M&A Team within the company to explore such opportunities.
7. McCarthy Building Companies promoted Kristine Newman to senior vice president, finance with McCarthy Holdings, Inc. She is responsible for creating strategies to deploy and diversify capital for the benefit of the employee-owners of the national builder.
8. AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. has promoted Chelsea Bloom from Assistant Marketing Coordinator to Marketing Coordinator.
9. Trammell Crow Company announced that Cathy Thuringer has been promoted to Business Unit Leader for the firm’s Phoenix Business Unit, effective March 31, 2019. Previously serving as Principal, Thuringer will assume responsibility for all development and acquisition projects, sourcing new pursuits, finance and overall day-to-day operations of the office.
10. A.R. Mays Construction has recently hired David Van Horn, David Brown, Eric Wester and Carlos Peralta as project superintendents responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field.
11. Norris Design has announced the recent hire of Senior Project Manager Ben Cooper in their Phoenix office.
12. AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. has hired Steven Sutherland as their Hazardous Materials Group Manager/Geologist.
13. NAI Horizon has announced that Cheryl Eamick, SSR/WA, has joined the Tucson office as a Right of Way Specialist.
14. UEB Builders has announced the addition of Alexis Carver and Blake Keinanen as project executives to its growing office in Scottsdale.