1. Sundt Construction, Inc. will celebrate Engineering Week by hosting an “Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day” event at its Tucson office on Friday, February 22. The girls will have a hands-on learning experience building a structure out of gum drops and toothpicks, followed by a short presentation from representatives of Sundt, Raytheon and Texas Instruments.
2. Central Arizona College recognized Vulcan Materials Co. for its recent donation of a Caterpillar 325 Hydraulic Excavator and a Caterpillar 988 Wheel Loader during a special dedication ceremony. The equipment, valued at more than $135K, will be used by students in CAC’s Diesel Technology and Heavy Equipment Operator programs.
Awards & Accolades
3. Scott Macpherson, Executive Vice President at Rider Levett Bucknall (RLB) is celebrating 20 years with the firm. Scott serves as Phoenix Office Leader and National Cost Consultancy Leader for RLB’s North American Practice.
Boards & Commissions
4. Jonathan Keyser, founder and CEO of Keyser, Arizona’s largest tenant-only commercial real estate firm, was recently accepted into the Forbes Real Estate Council, an invitation-only community.
5. Adam Finkel, Principal at Tower Capital, a leading commercial real estate structured finance company, has recently been accepted into Forbes Real Estate Council.
6. February 2019 marks a significant milestone in the history of Achen-Gardner Construction as they celebrate their 30th anniversary. Since 1989 they have completed thousands of projects and built countless relationships in the public and private sectors.
7. GLHN Architects & Engineers Inc., an employee-owned firm with more than 50 years of expertise in healthcare, higher education and municipal projects, has expanded its presence in Phoenix after moving to a bigger office in midtown at 3636 N. Central Ave.
8. Shepley Bulfinch has announced Alison Rainey has been promoted to Principal. In addition to leading project teams and managing client relations, Alison’s new roles includes strategic planning and business development to help grow the firm’s healthcare, academic, and urban development portfolio.
9. McCarthy Building Companies recently promoted Chris Nickle to executive vice president of the Southwest Region and named him a member of McCarthy’s Executive Committee.
10. Transwestern Commercial Services announced it has hired Justin Himelstein, who brings 15 years of industry experience, to serve as Senior Vice President and lead the firm’s Occupier Solutions group in Phoenix.
11. Marybeth Webb has joined the Corporate Services group at Colliers International in Arizona’s Phoenix office as Vice President of Strategy and Innovation. Webb comes to Colliers from IBM Corporation, where she held executive leadership roles in business development, analytics and software.