1. In January, Chas Roberts A/C & Plumbing made a $50K donation to Executive Council 70, a group of local professionals dedicated to organizing fundraising activities for local charities including Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Awards & Accolades
2. AZ Big Media has released AZRE’s 40 Companies to Watch in 2018.
3. SVN | Desert Financial Advisors’ Jonathan Levy was accepted in the NAIOP Developing Leaders Program. He is the only professional from Arizona to be accepted into the program.
Boards & Commissions
4. Denny Barney has been named president and CEO of East Valley Partnership effective June 1.
5. Commercial Properties, Inc./CORFAC International has announced Judy Lowe, Commissioner of the Arizona Department of Real Estate, has appointed Cecil Yates of CPI to the Arizona Test Development Committee as a Subject Matter Expert.
6. BOMA Greater Phoenix named Daniel Mazzon and Jessica Allen as chair and vice chair of its Young Professionals Group for 2018.
7. Governor Doug Ducey has appointed Sam Elters to serve on the Arizona State Transportation Board. William F. Cuthbertson of Freeport McMoRan has been named chairman of the State Transportation Board.
8. Great-West Life announced that GWL Realty Advisors, through its U.S. subsidiary, has acquired the business of EverWest Real Estate Partners. The CenterCap Group, LLC acted as financial advisor to GWL Realty Advisors U.S. in connection with this transaction. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
9. The Institute of Real Estate Management recently celebrated its 85th anniversary with a new look and a new brand position to honor its long history and also demonstrate that IREM is a champion of the real estate management industry, supporting professionals through all stages of their careers.
10. INCA Capital, LLC. has acquired Scottsdale Private Lending and named Phil Sollomi as vice president.
11. Jim Kurtzman has been hired as senior VP and regional manager at McShane Construction Company.
12. The Opus Group announced that Clare Lydon joined Opus Development Company, L.L.C. as real estate representative.
13. Sonoran Crest Construction has welcomed Marc Miller as a project manager.
14. Structural Engineer Bryan K. Salt has brought his 25 years of experience to the Phoenix office of C&S Companies.