Awards & Accolades
1. The Pima County Small Business Commission has announced the winners of the Small Business of the Year Awards. They are Rural: Miura Contracting, Urban: Kool Air Industries, LLC, and Nonprofit: Pima Community College Small Business Development Center.
2. With more than 20 years of commercial real estate industry expertise in property management, leasing, and project management, Jennifer Prior has launched her own company, PRE Consulting. The company will provide short-term solutions as well as full-service property management for CRE firms.
3. SoftBank Group led a Series D investment of $865M for Menlo Park-based Katerra Inc., bringing the construction technology startup’s valuation to over $3B. The funding will be used toward continued manufacturing expansion and additional R&D. Katerra built a factory in Phoenix to create wall panels, cabinets and countertops for apartments.
4. Valley Metro has expanded its management team with the additions of Brad Cummings as chief procurement officer and Phil Ozlin as manager of information technology.
5. Lee & Associates Arizona has welcomed Associate Grant Kingdon, who will specialize in the representation of landlords and tenants in the leasing and sales of industrial/flex properties and land in the Metro Phoenix real estate market.
6. Rose Law Group is adding to its Planning and Project Management team with Alisse Caton joining the group as a planner.
7. hardison/downey Construction, Inc. has hired Justin Newman as its new VP and COO.
8. Wood/Patel & Associates, Inc. announced Steve Duryea has joined the firm as survey manager.