1. Clear Title Agency of Arizona has launched into 2020 by making a significant investment in the Central City South Neighborhood Revitalization initiative with Habitat for Humanity of Central Arizona. The three-year commitment will serve as a foundation for redevelopment efforts underway in four targeted neighborhoods that are part of the Central City South Community, located just south of Downtown Phoenix.
Awards & Accolades
2. The recipients of the 2019 SAME Scholarship are:
- Lauren Hess – $1,500 scholarship
- Carter Christianson – $500 summer camp scholarship
Boards & Commissions
3. AZCREW, Metro Phoenix’s premier real estate organization focused on the advancement and success of women within the commercial real estate industry, has named their 2020 Board of Directors. They are Terry Martin-Denning, CEO/Designated Broker, NAI Horizon, President; Lindsey Carlson, Colliers International, President elect/programs chair; Heather Fox, CBRE, Treasurer/CREW Foundation chair; Lorna Bannister, KB Home, Secretary/sponsorship chair; Amber Coleman, CBRE, Director/PR/community outreach chair; Dana McDonald, Stewart Title, Director/membership chair; Francine Moore, Director/special events chair; and Jennifer Cranston, Gallagher & Kennedy, Past President/legacy chair.
4. Casey Cartier, CEO / President of Jokake, has been invited to join Phoenix Business Journal Leadership Trust, an exclusive community for influential business leaders, executives and entrepreneurs in Greater Phoenix. Casey was chosen for membership by the Phoenix Business Journal Leadership Trust Selection Committee due to his experience, leadership and influence in the local business landscape and beyond.
5. NanoFlex Power Corporation (NFP), a leading developer of organic photovoltaic technology and high efficiency photovoltaic power generation, and True Metal Solutions (TMS), a building cladding fabricator and installer, have entered into a Joint Development Agreement to integrate organic photovoltaic (OPV) thin film material with cladding for building façades.
6. Ritoch-Powell & Associates (RPA) announced Peter Hemingway, PE, as president of RPA. Hemingway has more than 35 years of civil engineering and management experience and has been an executive vice president with RPA for the past seven years.
7. Curt Johannson, Andrea Piering and Mike Forst have joined Sun State Builder’s ownership team. With each partner having more than 20 years with the company, the ownership team is confident the market will continue to see the same top projects they have come to expect out of Sun State Builders.
8. Thomas Assante was promoted to senior project manager for McCarthy Building Companies. Assante has a decade of experience in the construction industry and is currently working on a $215M major airport concourse construction project.
9. Olsson announced that David Skinner has been named senior director of operations. He will be responsible for managing the firm’s operational activities and charting key metrics to drive business growth. In addition, Skinner will serve on Olsson’s senior leadership team. He will be based in Olsson’s Phoenix office.
10. Gilbane Building Company announced two new employees joining their Phoenix-based team. Tony Maiorana comes with 26 years of construction industry experience and will serve as superintendent of the Blackwater Community School project. Brett Helm joins Gilbane with nearly 30 years of industry experience and will serve as senior project executive for the Western Construction department.
11. Graycor Construction Company has hired 27-year industry expert Todd Peters as project Executive. Based in Graycor’s Southwest Regional Headquarters in Phoenix, Peters will support local project activity and the company’s continued growth in the national industrial buildings market.
12. Christopher Todd Communities has hired Rebecca Jenkins as vice president of Asset Management to oversee all property operations as well as ensure the company’s brand standards are consistently executed with excellence.
13. CBRE announced that Robert Dunlap has joined its Valuation & Advisory Services (VAS) team in the property and transaction tax services group.
14. Newmark Knight Frank has announced leading capital markets professionals Steve Julius and Jesse Goldsmith have joined the firm’s Phoenix office as senior managing directors, along with Associate Chase Dorsett.