Awards & Accolades
1. AZ Big Media has published its list of “20 in their 20s in Commercial Real Estate”: Patrick Anthon, NAI Horizon; Justin Beall, Layton Construction; James “Jimmy” Crawley, Marcus & Millichap; Jaymee Geelan, Quarles & Brady; Nicole Hanson, Squire Patton Boggs; Tim Hurley, JLL; Justin Kinsler, Alexander Building Company; Jordan G. Kravitz, HKS Inc.; Sean Lieb, SRS Real Estate Partners; Cole Malham, SiteWorks; Chelsea McCaw, EPS Group Inc.; Cameron Miller, Evergreen Devco, Inc.; Matthew Pickering, LevRose Commercial Real Estate; Matthew Reeg, Southwest Traffic Engineering; Hannah Sanders, AME Landscape Companies; Massimo “Max” Sommacampagna, Somma Realty; Robert Takahashi, Silver Fern Companies; Andrew Veatch, SimonCRE; Sean Westfall, Colliers International of Greater Phoenix; Brian C. Zurek, Transwestern.
2. ENR Southwest has announced its 2018 Top Young Professionals. The Arizona winners are: Josh Ahrens, Burns & McDonnell; Manrique Umana Brenes, Gensler; Cheyne Brown, Gensler; Beau Brush, Ryan Cos.; Rob Caputo, Katerra; Joel Darnell, Ryan Cos.; Kimberly Davids, The Weitz Co.; Jennifer Delaporte, Graycor Construction Co.; Bryan Kuster, McCarthy Building Cos.; Scott Miller, Sundt; Brianna Nessler, Small Giants; Martin Sanchez, AECOM Hunt; Stephanie Templeton, Gannett Fleming; Ronnie Thevenot, Stanley Consultants.
3. Investment Property Associates (IPA) and Retirement Community Specialists, Inc. (RCS) are unifying under one company name: Liv Communities.
4. Commercial real estate firm Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) has launched a new Phoenix-based valuation and advisory group. The group specializes in appraisal and valuation services for commercial real estate and will focus on the Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico markets.
5. Newmark, a commercial real estate services firm that includes brokerage Newmark Knight Frank, went public in early December with plans to sell 30 million shares at a price tag of $19-$22/share. But when investor reactions came in lukewarm, parent company BGC Partners Inc. made the decision to decrease the offering size to 20 million shares at a cost of $14 to $15. On Dec. 15, the company officially went public at $14/share.
6. Telgian Engineering & Consulting, LLC has announced the appointment of Leonard Ramo as President.
7. Scott Sumners has been promoted to VP at Rider Levett Bucknall Ltd.
8. The Phoenix office of JLL has named Pat Williams as Senior Managing Director, overseeing a team of 46 local commercial real estate brokers.
9. Velocity Retail Group has announced that Brad Ranly has been hired to launch their Land Practice Group. Ranly previously worked with Land Advisors Organization and most recently, Marcus & Millichap where he focused on site selection services for commercial land.
10. Marcus & Millichap announced Michael Farrar has joined the firm’s Phoenix office as a part of the National Office & Industrial Properties Group.
11. hardison/downey has recently added Project Engineer James Dean to its team.
12. Commercial Properties, Inc./CORFAC International, has announced the addition of Matt McOmber to the CPI Brokerage Team. He will be operating out of the Tempe headquarters and focusing on the Corporate Services division.
13. Larry C. Harmer will begin his duties as Planning Manager for the Town of Florence on Feb. 5. He brings many years’ experience in many different Arizona cities and towns.