Awards & Accolades
1. Cushman & Wakefield announced that Larry Downey, Vice Chairman at Cushman & Wakefield in Phoenix, has been awarded the designation of Counselor of Real Estate (CRE) by The Counselors of Real Estate organization.
2. The late Edward W. Bullard, inventor of the hard hat, is a 2020 inductee in the National Inventors Hall of Fame. It was the first commercially available industrial head protection device.
Boards & Commissions
3. Denise Allen, Business Development Manager with Solutions AEC, is a new UMOM Executive Board Member.
4. Congratulations to the Center for JOC Excellence 2020 Southwest Chapter Officers:
- Chapter President: Matt Maddux, Maricopa County Dept. of Transportation
- Chapter Vice President: Roger Rowley, Hunter Contracting
- Past President: Jeff Abraham, S&S Paving
- Chapter Secretary: Ampy Mclntire, Dovetail Design
- Chapter Membership Liaison: Melanie Gibson, City of Scottsdale
5. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR has named long-time shareholder Barbi Reuter chief executive officer and chair of the board. Reuter was also named designated broker for PICOR. In addition to direct operational responsibilities as president, Reuter takes charge of C&W | PICOR’s strategic direction.
6. The Sundt Companies has added Building Group President Teri Jones to its Board of Directors effective December 9, 2019. Jones, who has nearly 40 years of industry experience, was named President of the company’s Building Group in 2018.
7. Stephen Krager has been promoted to vice president at Trammell Crow Company. In his new role he will lead the development management platform for the Phoenix office
8. TDIndustries has promoted two leaders and announced the transition of a third to a new role. They are:
- Senior Vice President Randee Herrin: Herrin, formerly the senior vice president of Houston Construction, now leads TD’s VDC and Manufacturing groups.
- Executive Vice President Jay Layton: Layton will oversee all Arizona operations.
- Senior Vice President Andrew Kobe: Kobe will lead TD’s Process Solutions group.
9. ADM Group is proud to announce that Jenifer Weskalnies, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB, has been promoted to principal for the firm. She has deep expertise in educational architecture and design and will continue to serve as the firm’s Director of Architecture.
10. Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty is pleased to announce Sherri Monteith has been named managing broker for the Camelback Tower office.
11. Vicente (Vince) Ruiz and Ashley Nye have joined Trammell Crow Company as Development Managers and will be responsible for the daily oversight of design and construction activity for various projects.
12. Perry Engineering announced that German Valenzuela has accepted a position as Senior Civil Designer. Valenzuela joins the firm with over 15 years’ experience as a civil designer in Southern Arizona and in Mexico. His technical focus includes preparing site, development, grading, paving, and sewer and water plans for residential and commercial development projects.
13. Solutions AEC has added Cameron Svoboda to the team as their newest Electrical Engineer.
14. Cambridge Companies has recently hired Justin Vangraefschepe as Director. Justin will be responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the construction group.
15. Luxury lifestyle community developer Symmetry Companies announces that Todd Severson has returned to the organization as partner. In his new role, Severson will be focused on the acquisition of new resort, lifestyle and hospitality inspired projects as well as oversight of assets under management.
16. Phillip Hernandez has been named research manager of Colliers International in Arizona. Hernandez, who most recently served as an analyst with a top office leasing team at CBRE, brings extensive experience in location analytics, interpretation of complex data sets and utilization of the latest technology to bring research to live in visual presentations.