14222 W McDowell Rd
Goodyear, AZ 85395
Click here to register!
This workshop is geared to help operators and field staff develop sample collection and analysis skills. Please note that many, if not most, of the training subjects covered in this workshop are applicable to both drinking water and wastewater systems.
The Sample Collection and Analysis Training Workshop will be taught by Marci Payne, a member of the Wastewater Treatment Committee and the Project/Marketing Manager of Legend Technical Services of Arizona, Inc.
This workshop will cover the following subjects:
- Bacteria Sampling and Analyses – This presentation will provide a brief introduction to microbiology and a discussion of various sampling and transportation tips to avoid common qualifiers/invalidation issues that can occur with bacteria sampling. The presentation will also trace the steps of the delivered sample and an explanation of laboratory procedures involved during receiving, login, analysis, and compliance reporting.
- Sample Collection Procedures – This presentation will feature a hands-on demonstration of sampling using various sample containers required for regulated IOCs, VOCs, SOCs, and Radiochemicals. The presentation will include a discussion of hold times, temperature requirements and other parameters affecting sampling.
A free lunch is included and 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be awarded for attending this event.
This event is free but limited to the first 30 registrants.
- Lunch from Noon to 1:00 p.m. – Sponsored by Wood
- Workshop from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Car pooling is encouraged as parking is limited.
This event is being held in conjunction with the FREE Liberty Utilities Palm Valley Wastewater Reclamation Facility (WRF) Tour event. If you wish to attend the tour event then please register for the tour separately using the following registration link:
Contact Jason Joynes via telephone at (520) 208-4791 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions concerning this event.