2620 S 55th Street
Tempe, Arizona, 85282
Click here to register!
Lean Construction challenges all project stakeholders to develop and apply better ways to manage the overall construction process. Unit 1: Variation in Production Systems is a half-day course that introduces one of the foundational concepts of Lean Construction, variation
In the construction process, the work we do is all connected and variation in even one of those processes affects us all. This course provides tools to help participants recognize sources of variation on their own projects, examine variation’s effect on operations, and mitigate the effects of variation in their every-day work.
Following completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Define the different types of variation
- Explain the concept of throughput and distinguish it from productivity
- Discuss the role of variation in production operations
- List sources of variation in construction settings
- Explain and contrast variation mitigation techniques
About AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program
To develop the tools needed to build lean, the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) has developed the Lean Construction Education Program. Construction professionals at all experience levels will learn the building blocks necessary to transform their projects and companies into a lean operating system.
AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program is a series of courses that progressively cover a range of topics essential to Lean Construction, including:
- Variation and pull in production
- Lean workstructuring, supply chains, and assembly
- Production management
- Problem-solving principles and tools
Includes Continental Breakfast and Manual.
Contact Erica Lange with questions at email@example.com
or 602-274-8222 ext. 231