2501 E Camelback Rd #50
Phoenix, AZ 85016
The BD Guild is the first organization in the country to offer a Certified Business Developer accreditation in conjunction with our education partner Arizona State University.
The 2018 Certified Business Developer Curriculum, Schedule, and Learning Objectives are listed below for your convenience, or you can click here to download a copy of the flyer.
*Currently, these courses are only offered onsite, however, we are working on an online certification that we estimate to be available in late 2018.
Support your career by registering for a class or a series of classes in 2018…click here to register!
The DeBrief (90 Minutes)
Instructor: Garrett Terlaak, Principal, fs3|Hodges
- Define Objectives
- Public vs Private Sector Approaches
- Strategies to Secure True Feedback
- Business Development and Operational Perspectives, Collaboration
- Potential Pitfalls
- Long Term Relationship Benefits
Students will learn the value of the information that can be obtained during the debrief process. Instructors will share strategies that will help uncover true feedback that can be used for market intelligence, proposal improvement and growth opportunities.
Expectations and Measuring Success (90 Minutes)
Instructor: Jennifer Delaporte, Director of Business Development, Graycor Construction
- Communicating with Management on Goals and Objectives
- Incorporating Strategic Plan with Business Development Efforts and Tactics
- Defining Measuring Sticks
- Negotiating Compensation
- Planning for Year End Review
Students will learn and discuss the ways and means of communicating with their internal management team to establish mutual key measurements, goals and objectives that will enable long term alignment.