Awards & Acolades
1. The completed extension of Edison Road in Maricopa has won the Public Works Project of the Year award from the Arizona chapter of the American Public Works Association.
2. The Pine Canyon master-planned golf course and residential community in Flagstaff has broken ground on Mountain Vista, its newest residential option offering luxury condominium living.
3. Queen Creek Unified School District’s board voted to name its newest school Eastmark High. The 154KSF school is scheduled to open for the 2019-20 school year.
4. As part of its development process, The Standard in Flagstaff will be adding stoplights at Route 66 and Riordan Road and regarding part of the street. Road improvements are expected to be completed by the end of the month.
5. Apple Inc. recently opened the doors of its completed $2B, 1.3MSF Arizona Data & Global Command Center in Mesa.
6. After starting construction last October, VanTrust Real Estate completed construction at Chandler Corporate Center, a 117KSF office located at 350 N. McClintock Drive, Chandler. Developed by VanTrust on 11-acres, the Class A office project was constructed by Layton Construction Company and designed by Butler Design Group. VanTrust plans to develop the remaining 15 acres of land.
7. Willmeng Construction recently completed construction on the new BASIS School in Flagstaff.
8. The grand opening for Mansel Carter Oasis Park will take place Saturday, Sept. 1, highlighting the amenities available on the 48 acres at 19535 E. Appleby Road, Queen Creek.
9. The Churchill, the Valley’s first micro marketplace built of repurposed shipping containers, has completed construction and will officially welcome guests starting Saturday, Sept. 1, with a grand opening celebration planned for later this fall.