Awards & Accolades
1. The Gordian Group honored Arizona Department of Transportation for its handling of repairs to US 89A following at flash flood in 2015. Job Order Contracting allowed ADOT to bring in The S.J. Anderson Company of Mesa to repair damaged sections of the road quickly and at the lowest possible cost. The repair project was recognized as the 2015 Harry H. Mellon Award of Excellence Winner in Job Order Contracting.
2. A joint venture between EverWest Real Estate Partners and WHI Real Estate Partners L.P. has started construction on The Quad, a major 13-acre, 14-building redevelopment project that blends elements of a lifestyle center and office park to create a next-generation creative office community. The project is located at the northwest corner of 64th Street and Thomas in Scottsdale, Arizona.
3. The Ak-Chin Indian Community and a joint venture between Sundt Construction, Inc. and Yates Construction recently broke ground on a multi-million-dollar expansion at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino in the Ak-Chin Indian Community near Maricopa. Designed by TBE Architects, the expansion will include a spa, a conference center with multi-use ballroom space, a parking garage, additional restaurants and more than 200 guest rooms.
4. JLL led the $16.4M effort that transformed a long-vacant Tucson Galleria retail mall into a cutting-edge Western region customer support center for Comcast Cable. The former mall now operates as a flexible and creative corporate environment that is solely occupied by Comcast. Approximately 1,200 employees work at the site, providing IT, call center and social media services.
5. The first of more than 20 downtown residential developments to launch in the next 18 months, Proxy 333 officially opened its doors. With only 118 units, including 10 live-work lofts, it’s a small and compact community. There’s also a rooftop lounge, a club-quality fitness center, and a spacious bicycle storage room. You can even walk your dog at the small dog park complete with faux-turf.
6. The Arizona Republic published a slideshow of photos of the recently completed ASU College of Law in downtown Phoenix, which is home to the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law.