Awards & Accolades
1. The 2017 AIA Arizona Design Awards were announced at an event held at the Phoenix Art Museum. Merit Award winners included Desert Botanical Gardens’ Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science (pictured) and the Barnone-Project Q. Visit AZ Big Media for the full list.
2. Two Arizona projects have received awards from Water & Wastes Digest. They are: EPCOR Water’s Force Main Replacement and the City of Phoenix’s 91st Avenue Wastewater Treatment Plant (pictured).
3. USAA Real Estate and master developer Sunbelt Holdings, have announced Union Park, north Phoenix’s new upscale master planned community at Norterra is under construction for its first phase of development.
4. EastGroup Properties announced the groundbreaking of Falcon Field Business Center. The 986KSF facility, located at 3110 N. Greenfield Road, is being constructed by Willmeng Construction and was designed by Butler Design Group.
5. LKQ Corporation, an auto salvage company, has begun dirt work to start its plans to build a 107KSF warehouse on 120 acres at the NWC of Thornton and Peters roads in Casa Grande.
6. William Lyon Homes broke ground on Ovation at Meridian in Queen Creek, William Lyon’s first active adult offering in Arizona and the first age-qualified neighborhood in the town.
7. The Park Place development on the Avenue of the Fountains in Fountain Hills is running about a month behind schedule from its original timeline at the beginning of construction about a year ago. Bart Shea, owner of N-Shea Group, the contractor for the project, said a major factor in the delay is a shortage of construction manpower.
8. The City of Goodyear approved $910K in incentives for Chewy, which started construction last month on an 803KSF ecommerce distribution facility in the Airport Gateway Development.
9. Banner-University Medical Group and the University of Arizona have rolled out their new $100M outpatient facility just in time for the new year.
10. Mesa will host a grand opening Dec. 16 to showcase $7.9M in renovations at Pioneer Park.
11. A new RV park has opened at the site of the former Casa Grande Golf and RV Resort. Desert Springs RV Ranch & Resort at 3290 S. Montgomery Road opened in late November.
12. Tucson’s first Topgolf is scheduled to open Dec. 15 at 4050 W Costco Place in Marana.