Awards & Accolades
1. The Arizona Builders Alliance and Associated General Contractors Education annually send level 3 & 4 Electrical Apprentices to the ABC National Craft Championships to compete in the Annual Skills Competition. This year’s competitors were Jeremy Crisp of JFK Electrical Contractors, Chris Cramer of Gaylor Inc., and Jason Hanson, RMJ Electrical Contractors.
2. Sprouts Farmers Market at the NEC of 4th Avenue and 16th Street in Yuma is erecting exterior walls. Sprouts will open in the summer. David Beckham is the developer. Construction is also continuing on the widening project at the intersection and will be completed in the spring.
3. Workers are in the process of making $500K in repairs, including a new roof, to the Arizona Historical Society Museum after it was damaged in a June brush fire. SJ Anderson Co. is the general contractor. Jim Brown and Sons Roofing is the roofing sub-contractor. Work is expected to be completed in January.
4. Zen Culinary has completed a year-long set of renovations to a space at 15554 N. Pima Road. Owner, Rachel McAuley, held a grand opening Dec. 2.
5. Corbins Electric has completed installation of a new gas detection system, 1200 amp SES and 3K feet of exposed Class 1 Division 1 rigid conduit in an eight-bay truck maintenance shop for Waste Management CNG Tucson.
6. Johnson Carlier recently announced completion of a $12M, 93KSF, two-story AMG dealership on seven acres for Mercedes-Benz of Gilbert. Originally estimated at 10.5 months, the project was put on an accelerated schedule by the owner and was completed in just 4.5 months.
7. The former Wrightstown Elementary School in Tucson has been converted into a housing community by Pepper Viner Homes. The 56-unit development offers homes ranging from 1,400-2,100SF. The school was closed in 2010.
8. The first of a three-part phased modernization of Terminal 3 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has opened to the public. The City of Phoenix 2015-2020 Capital Improvement Plan called for a $500M, multiphase modernization of the terminal, which was designed by a team assembled by DWL Architects, SmithGroupJJR and Corgan. HuntAustin was the contractor.
9. Safeway has announced its return to Anthem Marketplace, located at the SWC of Gavial Peak and Anthem Way. The store will hire approximately 100 employees and shares a lot with Dreaming by Design Landscape’s Christmas Tree Lot. Safeway’s previous Anthem location closed in 2015.