Awards & Accolades
1. The Phoenix Mayor’s Commission on Disability Issues has recognized First Place Phoenix with its Architectural Award. First Place-Phoenix, 3001 N. Third St., is a $15M, 81KSF property opening to residents in early summer 2018. The facility includes apartments, a transition academy and a global leadership institute for persons with autism and other “neuro-diversities.”
2. The Desert Diamond West Valley Casino held a groundbreaking last week for a 75KSF, $400M project to include table games as well as slot machines. The project will take approximately two years and will greatly expand the Tohono O’odham Nation‘s casino and restaurant offerings.
3. EastGroup Properties announced the groundbreaking of Falcon Field Business Center last week. The 98.6KSF building, located at 3110 N. Greenfield Road, is being constructed by Willmeng Construction and designed by Butler Design Group.
4. Gila Community College broke ground on its new nursing skills building on Oct. 30. The building, a gift from a contractor in southern Gila County, will house the nursing program.
5. Crews began clearing ground near Interstate 10 south of Eloy this week as the Arizona Department of Transportation takes the first step to realign and widen 4 miles to three lanes in each direction. The project also will create a first-in-the-nation pilot dust detection and warning zone to alert drivers to blowing dust.
6. The final phase of the Sun Devil Stadium reconstruction project has begun. It consists of rebuilding the east side and finishing portions of the interior. Completion is expected by Sept. 1, 2018.
7. ADOT announced the first concrete decks have been poured on bridges for the South Mountain Freeway.
8. The Lofts at Westgate apartments are under construction and are slated to open in February. Tours of the lofts start Dec. 11.
9. Banner will open a $10M, 30KSF health clinic across from Desert Ridge Corporate Center next month.
10. Mark Taylor recently opened its San Portales rental community, part of the Silverstone at Pinnacle Peak master plan.
11. Hospitality Ventures Management Group has completed the renovation and rebranding of a 30-year-old hotel into a 242-key Embassy Suites at 10 E. Thomas Road Phoenix. It is now known as the Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North.