Awards & Accolades
1. Recently, Phoenix Business Journal’s Landmark Leaders showcased several in-process developments around the Valley. Projects of note included: 7th St. Mixed Use, Jefferson Town Lake, Rio 2100, Camden North End, and The District at Scottsdale. See the full list here.
2. Construction has begun on a new 48-room, 25KSF hotel and casino near Lake Havasu by the Chemehuevi Indian Tribe.
3. Construction has commenced on The Churchill, the Valley’s first micro marketplace built of repurposed shipping containers. The 14KSF development is scheduled for completion in Spring, 2018.
4. Maricopa officials participated in a groundbreaking ceremony earlier this month on the SR 347 overpass project. The project is expected to take five years until completion.
5. Great Hearts Academies has started building its new campus and Sports Complex next to Scottsdale Preparatory. Phase 1 is expected to be finished in time for the 2018-2019 school year.
6. LCS, Harrison Street Real Estate Capital and Ryan Companies US, Inc. have announced the start of construction for Clarendale of Chandler, a 262KSF, Class A senior living community that will provide a full continuum of care for independent, assisted and memory care residents.
7. Crews at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino have begun the task of rolling out 1,089 slot machines from the gaming room floor to the resort’s new, 18KSF ballroom, which will serve as a temporary home for the machines as the casino floor undergoes renovations and an upgrade, part of a multimillion-dollar expansion project.
8. Contour on Campbell, a new 111 residence multifamily development at 24th and Campbell announced the completion of their model home and exhibited new floorplans.
9. Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino has officially opened its new parking garage, adding 730 parking spaces and allowing direct access from the structure’s third floor directly into the casino.