Awards & Accolades
1. ENR Southwest has named its Regional Best Projects Award Winners.
2. Construction has begun on the 20KSF Chandler Museum project, designed by Weddle Gilmore Architects.
3. Construction is underway on the $27M renovation projects at Scottsdale Airport, which include two 30KSF executive hangars, a business center and a multi-level parking garage.
4. A new BMW luxury automobile dealership, Arrowhead BMW, is under construction on 10 acres at the AZ-Loop 101, between Beardsley Road and Union Hills Drive in Glendale.
5. A groundbreaking was held last week for engineering and manufacturing company Benchmark Electronics’ new headquarters on Rio Salado Parkway at the intersection of loops 101 and 202.
6. A partnership between Bethel Development, Inc. and Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation has grown to include four of the developer’s properties, including two new affordable housing developments currently under construction: Creekview Village Apartments in Prescott and The Revello in Phoenix. Both are expected to be completed in 2019.
7. Owners Mike and Cindy Watts are progressing with renovations on the historic Castle Hot Springs resort near Lake Pleasant. The property will reopen next year.
8. Hilton has opened a new 228-key hotel in Tempe that operates under two of the company’s brands, Garden Inn and Home2 Suites. Developed and owned by RB-WW Tempe LLC, the new lodging facility is situated next to Arizona State University Research Park.
9. The 3KSF expansion to what is now called the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona – Marana Resource Center (formerly known as the Community Food Bank in Marana) was opened with a ceremony Oct. 31.
10. Bashas’ Diné Market opened the doors this week to its newly-remodeled store in Window Rock. The store is now also home to the only Starbucks on the Navajo Nation.
11. Real estate investment firm Caliber – The Wealth Development Company along with its subsidiaries Caliber Development and CaliberRealty and Property Management, have announced pre-leasing is underway for GC Square Apartments, a completely renovated off-campus apartment community designed for students near Grand Canyon University. Phase 1 (80-units) of the 164-unit multi-phase project is scheduled for completion in January.
12. The Weitz Company has recently completed construction on the $7M, 19KSF Touchmark at the Ranch’s Clubhouse senior living project in Prescott.
13. Davis Enterprises – Investments & Development has completed The Enterprise Deer Valley – a three-building project of 78KSF of new office and industrial space near the I-17 at W. Deer Valley Road.