1. Top Golf broke ground last week on its new location in Glendale, marking its third space in the Phoenix area.
2. Wilmeng Construction broke ground this week on Gilbert Fire Station No. 9. The 12KSF prototypical station, located near Higley and Ocotillo Roads, is being constructed by Willmeng and was designed by HDA Architects.
3. LGE Design Build has started construction in Chandler on a new $4.4M headquarters for Charter for Excellence Management Group, which founded Legacy Traditional Schools.
4.(WIP Sound Wall, Arizona Department of Transportation) The Arizona Department of Transportation has begun construction for sound walls near neighborhoods along the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway.
5. The Sacaton Rest Area on Interstate 10 north of Casa Grande has had its planned six-month renovation rescheduled to begin in January, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
6. Phil Swing Park, 18 miles north of Yuma at the base of Imperial Dam will be reopened to the public by the middle of this month, but the dam itself will remain closed as work on updating the almost 80-year-old structure continues.
7. Construction work is happening in all directions at the base of Arizona Snowbowl. To the north of Hart Prairie Lodge, a new Hart Prairie Lift is going up. To the east, it’s the construction of a new pedestrian overpass. To the south, foundation is being laid for a temporary restaurant.
8. The Arizona Department of Transportation has announced it has reached the halfway point in its improvement efforts at Ina Road and I-10 in Pima County.
9. The $1.5M expansion of Roadhouse Cinemas in Tucson, from 380 seats to 600, is nearly complete and will open soon.
10. Northern Arizona University and American Campus Communities recently celebrated the addition of Skyview to the NAU campus at a grand opening event in Flagstaff.
11. Community Development Partners recently celebrated the grand opening of the affordable housing development El Rancho Del Sol in Mesa.
12. LGE Design Build recently wrapped construction on a $7.2M, 70KSF new headquarters for TYR Tactical in Peoria, putting the finishing touches on the project that began in November of last year.
13. The Sonoran Spa and Fitness Center at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale has completed a $12M expansion and renovation, bringing more than 42KSF of “opulent experiences” to members of the club.
14. Western Maricopa Education Center recently welcomed dignitaries, city officials, educators and community members to celebrate the official grand opening of its fifth campus, located in Surprise.
15. Mark Taylor has announced its District Lofts luxury multifamily development in Gilbert is now open.