1. Liv URBN has broken ground on its Contour on Campbell Ave. condos in uptown Phoenix. Liv URBN’s Contour on Campbell Ave. development team is pictured along with nationally awarded artist Scott Biersack, who presented a live art experience at the groundbreaking celebration held at The Camby in Phoenix in September.
2. A new Western Maricopa Education Center, or West-MEC, career and technical education campus broke ground Oct. 6, with training opportunities aimed to withstand the ebbs and flows of the evolving world of business. The center’s fifth campus will be located along one of Surprise’s major thoroughfares.
3. PhoenixMart has noted the end of a productive month for the company. An aerial photo recently taken by AZ Sourcing, the developer of PhoenixMart, documented work that has been done with underground plumbing and electrical circuits.
4. The Grand at Papago Park Center was unveiled Oct. 3 at an opening celebration hosted by Salt River Project. The total project, a 58-acre, high-profile, urban mixed-use property on the last developable parcel within the 350-acre Papago Park Center in the heart of the Tempe-Phoenix metropolitan area, will add an additional 8,000 employees and residents to an existing base of more than 10,000 employees and residents within the park.
5. The Italian gothic style First Baptist Church at Third Avenue and Monroe Street was built in 1929 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Now, the church is being marketed to restaurants, coffee shops, creative and high-tech office tenants with major structural renovations and repairs complete. The church has approximately 40KSF of space including a courtyard.
6. The former Chaparral Suites near Scottsdale Fashion Square has undergone a $25M renovation of every aspect of the hotel. The cost of the renovation for the new Embassy Suites was not so much about its distinctiveness as much as it was about size. The hotel spans 15 acres, offering 312 rooms, two swimming pools and 60KSF of meeting space.
7. Harkins Estrella Falls 16 will have its grand opening Thursday, Oct. 13, in Goodyear at long-in-the-works shopping center Estrella Falls — which is owned by mall developer Macerich — off McDowell Road and Bullard Avenue.
8. Deco Communities‘ $47M luxury condominium tower, ENVY Residences opened in Downtown Scottsdale in late September. At eight stories tall, ENVY Residences is the tallest residential building in Scottsdale to be built in the last decade and offers some of the city’s most resplendent views.
9. Courtyard by Marriott Sedona opened its doors Oct. 6. Featuring an innovative lobby space as well as Courtyard’s latest contemporary room design.