1. A roundabout project on State Route 260 just east of Interstate 17 will enhance safety, and help visitors and residents better navigate a busy commercial area in Camp Verde. The Arizona Department of Transportation project will begin in the coming weeks and is set for completion in the spring of 2017. The project will also add sidewalks on the north side of SR 260 between Cliffs Parkway and Main Street, and on the south side of SR 260 between Seventh Street and Main Street.
2. Winlee Development has started building a 24KSF retail center this week at the 25-acre Chandler Viridian development in the East Valley. Hines, Alliance Residential, Concord Hospitality and Winlee are developing the project, which will include apartments, retail, a hotel and office space.
3. Major work is complete on the Arizona Department of Transportation’s $73M Loop 101 widening project in the East Valley. Although final work and some lane restrictions can be expected over the next month, the last scheduled full closure for the project occurred last weekend to allow crews to add permanent lane stripes and complete bridge deck-joint improvements along northbound Loop 101 north of Chaparral Road.
4. The first phase of the Terminal 3 remodel at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is nearing completion. The $150M portion of the remodel project, which is projected to reach almost $600 million, is slated to open to passengers by the end of the year.
5. Capitalizing on the vibrancy of the nearby Roosevelt Row, the FOUND:RE Hotel opened this week in the former Lexington Hotel building after an extensive $25M renovation. The FOUND:RE is designed to be an innovative hotel celebrating the arts and culture of the area.