1. Lincoln Property Company (LPC), Harvard Investments, dignitaries from the City of Mesa and business and community leaders joined to celebrate the groundbreaking of the first office building at Union, a new project that – at build out – will total 1.35MSF in four Class A office buildings at Dobson Road and Rio Salado Parkway. Completion of Building 1 is scheduled for October 2020. DAVIS is the project architect and Wespac is the general contractor.
2. High Street Residential, the residential subsidiary of Trammell Crow Company, and its partner, Principal Real Estate Investors, announced that construction has begun on Gramercy Scottsdale, a luxury 160-unit multifamily development just north of the Scottsdale Road and Camelback Road intersection. The project is slated for completion during the first half of 2021. ESG Architects is the architect and Wespac is the general contractor.
3. Link Senior Development announced the start of construction for the 84-bed, 61KSF Hacienda Crossing Senior Living at 10565 S. Commercial Center Loop, Yuma. The developer anticipates construction to be completed in late November or December 2020. Lenity Architecture is providing architectural design and oversight while Seabold Construction is serving as general contractor.
4. Ambiente, A Landscape Hotel, will begin to take shape following the official site dedication yesterday by developer Two Sister Bosses and the City of Sedona. The highly anticipated hotel features 40 cube-shaped, luxury guest Atriums elevated above the ground by steel piers and encased in bronze glass to give the appearance that the structures are floating. ASUL Architects is the architect and The Morris Company is the general contractor. The hotel will open in December 2020.
5. The Weitz Company has started construction for The Retreat at Alameda in Phoenix. The 98KSF, 72 apartment senior living facility is being developed by Astoria Healthcare Properties. triARC Architecture & Design is the architect. Construction on the project is scheduled to be complete in March 2021.
6. RED Development has completed phase one of construction at Block 23 in Downtown Phoenix. Within the initial phase of Block 23 is the area’s first long-awaited grocery store by Fry’s Food Store, which opened to the public on Wednesday, October 23rd. The new store unveiled an innovative urban design and debut new technology.
7. Fort Mohave Indian Tribe recently completed construction on their $4M, 12.6KSF Pipaaha Macav Cultural Center and their $10M, 28.5KSF Anya Itpak Pre-K & Elementary School. DLR Group was the architect and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor for both buildings located on Plantation Road and Dunes Road, Fort Mohave.
8. CA Residential and Diamond Realty Investments have opened the first phase of The LINK PHX, a 30-story mixed-use development at 330 E. Pierce Street, Phoenix. Shepley Bulfinch served as architect, and Katerra served as general contractor.
9. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. has completed construction on the new $20M, five-level, 293KSF Oregon Street Parking Garage for the City of Chandler, which is now the largest garage in Downtown Chandler providing 932 parking spaces.
10. Great Wolf Resorts, Inc., North America’s largest family of indoor water park resorts, celebrated the grand opening of the much-anticipated Great Wolf Lodge Arizona last Thursday during a special poolside ceremony.
11. ADM Group, Inc. has completed the two-phase, $27M renovation of the Academies at South Mountain (formerly known as South Mountain High School) in the Phoenix Union High School District.
12. The J.O. Combs Unified School District hosted a ribbon cutting and open house at 10 a.m. October 16th to celebrate the grand opening of its new $6M, 10KSF transportation warehouse facility, 43389 N. Kenworthy Road in San Tan Valley.