Awards & Accolades
1. P.B. Bell’s Escape community was recently honored with an American Society of Interior Design award.
2. Construction has started on The Stearman, a 65KSF, 4.3-acre spec office development at Ryan Road and Stearman Drive in Chandler. Cambridge Financial Services is building the project.
3. MainSpring Capital Group, developer of The Block at Pima Center, has announced that five retail tenants and two hotels have committed to the project, just 30 days after construction began. The Block has already attracted 29KSF of retail space and two hotels with a total of 166 rooms.
4. All 242 hotel guest rooms at Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino are being refreshed as part of a $3M renovation to a brighter, more modern style. Work started on the upgrades in July and should be complete in December.
5. Work on Payson’s water treatment plant on the C.C. Cragin pipeline near Mesa del Caballo continues, with crews nearing completion on the large water holding tanks. The town is on schedule to start testing the system in June of 2018 and deliver water in July of 2018.
6. Treasure House, a supportive living community for intellectually disabled young adults, is under construction on the NWC of 75th Avenue and Loop 101 in Glendale and is scheduled to open in the spring. Amenities include 24-hour staffing, transportation, vocational supports and recreational programming.
7. The 148KSF Walmart Supercenter at MetroCenter has opened. It is the first step in Carlyle Development Group‘s plans to bring life back to the mall in west Phoenix.
8. The Arizona Department of Transportation has now opened all four of the new ramps that allow drivers to make direct connections between I-10 and Loop 303. A new section of Loop 303 traveling under I-10 between Thomas Road and Van Buren Street in Goodyear also is open to traffic. The new connections are part of ADOT’s $64M project to build the second phase of the interchange connecting I-10 and Loop 303.
9. DBM Ventures, LGE Design Build and the City of Scottsdale have officially announced The Grove, a new 32KSF mixed-use destination in McCormick Ranch.
10. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort has completed an $8.5M renovation. Upgrades include 224 North Pointe Suites, the remastered North Pointe lobby, and 48KSF of flexible meeting space.
11. In an ongoing effort to make City of Phoenix streets safer and more bicycle-friendly, the Street Transportation Department recently installed the city’s first protected bike lanes on 15th Avenue between Van Buren and Jefferson streets.