Awards & Accolades
1. Talking Stick Resort has been recognized as Tribal Destination of the Year by the American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association.
2. Work has begun on the $9.8M Diocese of Tucson’s new Diocesan Complex, a four-story, 64KSF building with a 500-seat event center. As part of the overall effort, the current diocese offices will also be demolished and replaced with a seven-story senior housing complex for the Foundation for Senior Living.
3. The former Hal-O-Peno’s Mexican Restaurant off 46th Street and Thomas Road is being redeveloped by Orion Investment Real Estate and The Kobold Group into a space for three new tenants, two of which that have been signed.
4. The Town of Queen Creek officially opened Fire Station 3 recently, a new neighborhood fire station located in the northwest area of Town. money and time as more neighborhood stations are built. Fire Station 3 was designed by HDA Architects, with FCI Constructors, Inc. as the general contractor.
5. Tooker House, a dedicated, $120M residence hall for engineering students, has opened on Arizona State University’s Tempe campus. The building features living quarters, classroom space and several cutting-edge technological amenities.
6. The 136-room AC Marriott, Tucson’s first new major hotel space in decades, opened late last month.