1. Marwest Enterprises, LLC announced a joint venture for the four-phase planned development of The Landing at PMG, a new Class-A industrial project located on 20 acres adjacent to the Loop 202 and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport. The project’s $30M first phase consists of six buildings totaling 280KSF. It began construction earlier this month and is expected to complete at the end of 1Q 2019.
2. Driftwood Acquisitions & Development celebrated the groundbreaking of the Canopy by Hilton, Hilton’s lifestyle hotel brand, in Tempe. Slated to open as a 198-room hotel by January 2020, Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown University Area is located across the street from Arizona State University. Driftwood Hospitality Management will manage the hotel.
3. Chandler has spent the last six months and $5.6M relocating water and sewer mains beneath a stretch of Price Road to make way for the underground installation of a 230-kilovolt powerline by Salt River Project to support energy needs on the Price Road Corridor. The line will run beneath Price Road south of the Loop 202 Santan Freeway and construction was set to begin Monday, Sept. 17.
4. Caliente Constrcution, Inc. is doing currently working on two projects converting former big box locations for VASA Fitness. The first, VASA Thunderbird, 4255 W. Thunderbird Rd., is former Mervyns store. The project is $4.5M and 80KSF. The second is VASA Chandler, 1200 North Alma School, a former Pruitts furniture store, which will run to $4.3M and about 62KSF. Both include fitness center weight and fitness class areas, plus swimming pool, spa, etc.
5. Casa Grande Elementary School District and partners McCarthy Building Companies and SPS+ Architects recently completed construction of the new Saguaro Elementary School and Casa Grande Middle School campus in Casa Grande. Originally built more than 40 years ago, the new schools and campus will improve the learning environment for students and staff.
6. Sagewood recently celebrated its completion of the Desert Willow Assisted Living center. The two-story Desert Willow offers 44 contemporary designed one- and two-bedroom apartment homes, a vaulted dining room, living room with fireplace, salon, activity room and fitness area. Desert Willow Assisted Living at Sagewood plans to open in late fall.
7. The City of Glendale announced that the 59th and Olive avenues Intersection Safety and Capacity Improvement Project has been completed. The purpose of the project was to improve roadway safety and enhance pedestrian movement and safety. The multi-phased project, which spanned more than 30 months, will provide better traffic flow, improved safety and ease congestion.
8. David Weekley Homes, Gehan Homes, Richmond American Homes and William Ryan Homes are now selling in The Village at Vistancia, one of the 7,100-acre master planned community’s three lifestyle communities.