1. The LGBTQ nonprofit youth organization one•n•ten has announced a $275K gift from The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation to complete build out on a new youth center.
2. Work is now underway on the newest student housing high-rise near the University of Arizona. The new tower, dubbed Aspire, will have 10 stories, two of which are for parking and retail.
3. Casa Grande Elementary School District and partners McCarthy Building Companies and SPS+ Architects recently broke ground on the new Saguaro Elementary School and Casa Grande Middle School campuses in Casa Grande.
4. LGE Design Build has begun construction on Skyway Commons, a $10.7M, 450KSF Class A industrial space in Surprise. The first phase is set for completion sometime early next year.
5. Construction work on Pima Animal Care Center’s new shelter has reached 70-percent completion. The building, which is Phase 1 of construction, is scheduled to open to the public this December. Sundt contractors had completed most of the exterior work for the new building.
6. In the next month Snow Peak Inn, Travelodge, AAMCO and an abandoned gas station in Flagstaff will be demolished to make room for The Standard, a 650-bed apartment complex that will cater to Northern Arizona University students.
7. Starting in October, the light rail along Central Avenue will pick up passengers every 15 minutes at the Thomas and Camelback stations. A light rail station at 50th and Washington streets is now under construction and will open in two years.
8. Iconic Design Studio recently completed high-end interior design services for a variety of clients: Faithlife Corporation, 6,414SF, Chandler; CFE Management Group, 28,000KSF, Chandler; Retinal Consultants of Arizona, 26KSF, Phoenix; Roosevelt Water Conservation District corporate HQ, 20KSF, Gilbert.
9. Valor on Eighth, one of the first affordable housing developments in the country focused on serving veterans and their families, is a few weeks away from opening. The 50-unit project, located in Tempe near University Drive and Rural Road, is expected to welcome residents beginning in December. Five units will have market rental rates for live/work spaces, and 45 units will be available at affordable rents, with preference given to veterans.
10. The Hampton Inn in Parker held a grand opening celebration Sept. 12. Guests for the occasion had a chance to look over the new 80-room hotel at 1100 S. Geronimo Avenue.