Awards & Accolades
1. American Council of Engineering Companies of Arizona has announced Ninyo & Moore Geotechnical and Environmental Sciences’ White Tanks Flood Retarding Structure No. 4 Rehabilitation project in Buckeye as a 2018 Engineering Excellence Honor Award winner.
2. Ground was broken recently by Path Construction Southwest for the new 9.3KSF San Tan Justice of the Peace Court on Hunt Highway in Queen Creek. The new court building was designed by Arrington Watkins Architects of Phoenix and is owned by Pinal County.
3. Construction has begun in earnest on the $7M Camp Verde Sports Complex on the 110-acre parcel of land by State Route 260 and McCracken Lane.
4. Construction has begun on the seven-acre Fort Tuthill Bike Park and will include several new trails and features for bikers of all ages and skill levels. The park was created via a partnership between Flagstaff Biking Organization and Coconino County Parks and Recreation
5. The 7,500-yard Jack Nicklaus Signature Renegade Course at Desert Mountain Golf Club is in the midst of a comprehensive renovation. The $12.8M project will include new greens, bunkers, tees, cart paths, drainage, irrigation, lake construction and grassing.
6. Sierra Tucson is underway with steel framing of its 31KSF new Behavioral Health Inpatient Lodge. It will be adding 44 licensed beds, integrative therapy rooms, a new pharmacy center, expanded facilities for individualized treatment and a dedicated admission center.
7. Crews will begin restoring two-way traffic to Liberty Lane in Ahwatukee after several months of work to relocate a 4-foot-diameter waterline from the path of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway.
8. Housing Trust Group celebrated the grand opening of Aviva, a $63M apartment community in Mesa.
9. RED Development announced it is nearing completion on a redevelopment of The Shops at Norterra in Phoenix that will welcome new tenants later this year. The redeveloped area encompasses approximately 44.5KSF that is now designed to accommodate an entertainment and dining district with 37KSF of leasable space and 7.5KSF of outdoor restaurant patios.
10. Frontier Town in Cave Creek has undergone a massive property expansion to become the first western entertainment destination to be opened in Arizona in more than a decade. The entertainment core will fully open next month.
11. Earnhardt Auto Centers has opened its newest auto dealership, Rodeo Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Queen Creek. The dealership 40.6KSF facility on a 6.65-acre site.
12. LGE Design Build opened the first structure at its $25M Overstreet project in downtown Chandler – a five-floor, 350-stall parking garage.
13. Queen Creek’s newest community amenity, the 48-acre Mansel Carter Oasis Park, opened Sept. 1 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and grand opening festivities.